Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by heurist View Post
It is no problem, but you are posting in a witch hunter/cold/pierce build thread.

There are poison/acid builds in the compendium. You may want to re-post there or start a new thread.
I just see that, sorry i made a mistake
WitchHunter- Ivy - WIP 25
Old 12-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Supporter

Default The Ring and Boot

I am slightly confused why we are using Aetherlord's signet and the Stormtitan's Thread. Does not seem to really fit in with the cold/pierce build.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:55 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udomsa33 View Post
I am slightly confused why we are using Aetherlord's signet and the Stormtitan's Thread. Does not seem to really fit in with the cold/pierce build.
On the boots, I like the health boost, stun resist, and the movement speed. I agree they are a consolation for not finding something better. I'd be open to your thoughts on what you would use.

On the ring, I think it was what I had available at the time. I am using a Belgothian's and a Lifegiver now. Or, sometimes double Lifegiver. Again, I am open to your thoughts on what would work.

Maybe other builds have a single set of gear to cover all encounters, but what I found playing this build is that swapping gear was necessary, like keeping an Avenger of Cairn in my bags for aether resist.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:42 AM
Supporter

Default As i thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by heurist View Post
On the boots, I like the health boost, stun resist, and the movement speed. I agree they are a consolation for not finding something better. I'd be open to your thoughts on what you would use.

On the ring, I think it was what I had available at the time. I am using a Belgothian's and a Lifegiver now. Or, sometimes double Lifegiver. Again, I am open to your thoughts on what would work.

Maybe other builds have a single set of gear to cover all encounters, but what I found playing this build is that swapping gear was necessary, like keeping an Avenger of Cairn in my bags for aether resist.
Ah so it's really for survivalibility. I have both Stormtitan and Windshear greaves so I will wait until I can equip them since I'm still leveling my char.

Belgothian's Sigil seems very good but unfortunately I don't have one yet
I'll just use some random cold/pierce epic ring in the meantime.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:44 AM
Initiate

Hi, I was looking at this build and was curious about the devotion path you took. I'm confused how you got the first purple requirement (sorry i am really new to this game)
Old 12-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Supporter

Default Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewarne404 View Post
Hi, I was looking at this build and was curious about the devotion path you took. I'm confused how you got the first purple requirement (sorry i am really new to this game)
What do you mean about first purple requirement? Are you referring to the first point? If so that is from the crossroad. The circle thing right in the middle. On one of those branches is the purple star.

The order after that is pretty straight forward as I don't think you will actually need to refund that many points.

You can probably do it this way (add points to crossroad as needed along the way):
Falcon > Harpy > Hawk > Empty Throne > Rhowan's Crown > Chariot > Behemoth > Leviathan

One thing to keep in mind is that points obtained from each constellations will be counted for themselves too. So sometimes you can refund some points after completing certain constellation. In this case, points from the crossroad can be refunded once you manage to complete the constellation you are aiming for.

This process confused me a bit too when I was on my first char.

There is no strict order so enjoy experimenting
Old 12-11-2016, 08:00 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udomsa33 View Post
What do you mean about first purple requirement? Are you referring to the first point? If so that is from the crossroad. The circle thing right in the middle. On one of those branches is the purple star.

The order after that is pretty straight forward as I don't think you will actually need to refund that many points.

You can probably do it this way (add points to crossroad as needed along the way):
Falcon > Harpy > Hawk > Empty Throne > Rhowan's Crown > Chariot > Behemoth > Leviathan

One thing to keep in mind is that points obtained from each constellations will be counted for themselves too. So sometimes you can refund some points after completing certain constellation. In this case, points from the crossroad can be refunded once you manage to complete the constellation you are aiming for.

This process confused me a bit too when I was on my first char.

There is no strict order so enjoy experimenting
ok so your'e saying i can get the purple crossroads, complete a constellation that gives me purple points and then refund the crossroads later on and then i'm good?

Also, how expensive is it to refund skill points? At early levels, it seems fine, but does the cost become prohibitive as you get stronger?

Thanks for all the help by the way
Old 12-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timewarne404 View Post
ok so your'e saying i can get the purple crossroads, complete a constellation that gives me purple points and then refund the crossroads later on and then i'm good?

Also, how expensive is it to refund skill points? At early levels, it seems fine, but does the cost become prohibitive as you get stronger?

Thanks for all the help by the way
Yes that is exactly what I meant. Eg. Put 1 purple point in Crossroad > finish Falcon > refund 1 purple point in Crossroad since Falcon also rewards you with purple points.

For skill points, I think the cost double for every 10 points refunded. I have never done a full revamp before so I am not sure if there is a cap. But it can easily get to a few thousands iron per point.

NOTE: Mastery bar points and attribute points CANNOT be refunded so be careful.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:01 PM
Speaker

hi, sorry but I'm new on the devotion side you said

On the devotion front, the primary goal is Leviathan. Bind whirlpool to Blade Spirit. This allows multiple whirpools. To get there we use Bull and bind bull rush to shadow strike; and falcon for falcon swoop which is bound to ring of steel; and Beranaths Fury to Elemental Storm in Rhowan's Crown. For healing we get Behemoth and Chariot of the Dead.

2 question
Where is blade spirit skill? can't see it on the devotion map...
and
How you bind bull rush to shadow strike?

Thanks for helping

Last edited by MAMAMA; 03-24-2017 at 01:10 PM.

Tags
build, cold, pierce, shadow strike, witch hunter