Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 01-21-2018, 10:46 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
i had a "~" in there as a reminder that crazy affixes are not guaranteed A non MI col infiltrator can do dummy in like 15 sec with primary focus on Haggarad and Secondary on SS, but that's another play style already
True but you dont need crazy affixes when you can stack a retarded amount of racial damage bonus
Old 01-21-2018, 10:52 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuujiiib View Post
True but you dont need crazy affixes when you can stack a retarded amount of racial damage bonus
Brb making thread asking for +%damage against dummies bonus for more shameless bragging
Old 01-21-2018, 11:42 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Huh nice job
I didn't think DW could use Aeon to maximum efficiency tbh (I am guessing the Magi's prefix helps you overcome this limitation?). I use Alkamos Scythe + Aeon myself. Good job making this

Those MIs look solid
Btw what the heck is a triple rolled dagger?
thank you sir!

JoV's pre-aom breaker demonstrated by drizzto on his youtube was my inspiration for this build initially. After AoM was released and I found out that the pre-nerf cdr granted by soulrend could be replicated by these MIs, I knew I had to investigate this build more.

A triple rolled dagger: 1 roll for correct titled prefix, 1 roll for correct suffix, and another roll to get the correct +skills (in this case star pact) in the prefix, since there is a subset of 'magi's' which grant bonuses to various skills.

For this build to function at a basic level (clears campaign), any loxblade or chillstrife will do. To function in cruc you really want at least the correct magi's prefix for the cdr.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:50 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuanpanda View Post
Brb making thread asking for +%damage against dummies bonus for more shameless bragging
racial damage bonus against grava sir.

Since AoM was released grava has posed a big problem for alot of builds and farming him is a pain for the most part. A dummy-killer is not just something which kills the dummy fast, but just has generally very high single target damage which can be used for boss farming. Grava can be killed exceedingly quickly by a SS infiltrator stacking flat cold and racial bonuses via components, gear and skills
Old 01-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Initiate

Just wondering, do cold dual wield nightblade based classes have the high single target DPS in this game?

Thinking of making one for farming campaign bosses.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:19 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaker View Post
Just wondering, do cold dual wield nightblade based classes have the high single target DPS in this game?

SS Cold Nightblade based has very powerfull single target dps.
Like one in this thread proven

Dual wield with auto attack replacer, here's an example video :
https://youtu.be/E0xQbnSA_Sw
Old 01-21-2018, 12:24 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaker View Post

The highest single target damage class that I am aware of in the game is acid witch hunter. With full BiS gear, it has a sub-10 second dummy time.

dw nightblade is going to be a super strong choice in general. Every single class combination results in a strong build but many of them dont necessarily use the cold damage type.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:57 PM
Champion

Nice one

Wanted to do something like that myself, but never got even remotely good daggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuujiiib View Post
The highest single target damage class that I am aware of in the game is acid witch hunter. With full BiS gear, it has a sub-10 second dummy time.
I can second this tho never made it to go under 10 secs on dummy, with gear I had on my disposal best I got was 11s. Converting vitality to acid is huge and is letting you stack enormous amounts of flat dmg ofc if you used that approach.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:59 PM
Initiate

Can work in another Triple rolled MI. Ellena's necklace with Magi's of the Grove for 8 cdr, 3 Star Pact, flat cold damage, additional cold resist shred and elem resist.

Or are the other defensive stats and NB skills too important?
Old 02-15-2018, 10:46 AM
Speaker

Since people have mentioned the Lox daggers....and the fact i currently have more Lox daggers than chillstrifes. Which Lox daggers would be good for this build?

Tags
cold, crucible, spellbreaker