Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-06-2017, 05:57 PM
RxJunkie's Avatar
RxJunkie RxJunkie is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 685
Default

Nice build Tz!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-06-2017, 09:07 PM
jajaja jajaja is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 861
Default

i tinkered around with cold sabo for awhile before deciding to go back to fire, was able to stack pretty good damage but felt very squishy. eventually settled with korba trickster for cold dw, for the loss of blastshield and explosivestrike AOE, i ended up with much higher HP,OA/DA,crit dmg, and boss kill speed.

somethings to consider:

-1x chillflame is enough for nearly full conversion on FS, for the other weapon ugdenbog chillstrife is much better even with a crappy roll.

-silver sent helm/haggarad glove are kind of meh, very low pierce dmg to convert, rather have icysckorn talons, and possibly ravager helm. alternatively and more defensive option with 2 pc justice is ok too since flat fire is converted to cold.

-in the same vein, if u are using silver sent shoulders to convert acid, you'll want to max lethal assault to lvl22, this you can do with kupa pants+icyskorn

-with full conversion, elemental balacne rings give u alot more dmg than alkamos, altho i hate the proc (it hurts my eyes :\)

-not sure maxing ABB is really worth, feels like underwhelming skill to me, and skillpoints are pretty tight.

2c
__________________
Melee lover.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:08 PM
mad_lee mad_lee is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,076
Default

I never played Nightblade but was always curious about Nex and Ortus blades, they look pretty cool. Mythical versions seem to be pretty strong, is it possible to build around them?
__________________
Check out my builds and guides to them (all Crucible Gladiator 150-170 capable) in my profile.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:10 PM
TZ Tz TZ Tz is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xervous View Post
I tested a variant with korba chest for converting static strike partways to cold, and ravager helm to leverage the high amount of + skills the build desires, as well as elemental balance rings due to the massive amount of flat damage you get from them with full conversion. Eventually it was sitting around 130k tooltip dps but was ultimately underwhelming due to the lack of armor and phys res, basically just a squishier jajaja fire sabo.
Yeah, I think Sabo needs more gear that have good defensive stats like armor n physical res.
Ravager helm is nice. I was testing the sentinel sets for this build
__________________
Cool Grim Dawn Videos :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCypaCutBNX3lwtwWlhRlbqQ
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I never played Nightblade but was always curious about Nex and Ortus blades, they look pretty cool. Mythical versions seem to be pretty strong, is it possible to build around them?
I have a build around them posted here since vanilla days
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:17 PM
TZ Tz TZ Tz is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
just 1 thing unrelated to the build : avoid item filter set to purle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Actually item filter set to purple is the best way to do it imo. It's a little risky but when everything around you dies you can toggle filters to check for MIs.
I prefer this as this way I don't have nonsensical crap cluttering the screen and getting in the way of targeting

*Must attack Fabius!!!....But first let me pick up this sweet looking Murder's Cowl (Priorities )*

GJ on the build Tz, does this mean your obsession with Tome of Arcane Wastes has ended?
@They Live
Perhaps when you enter Flames of Valbury, you'll change your mind
Like Chthon said, the filtering is for clearing my screen.
You can take the loot later after your video is done.

Still testing Aether Tome of Arcane Wastes, Aether Obliteration builds feels Cool !
Feels like AAR that can piercing through all enemies

Just missing with my old style lately. DW melee was my original playstyle


Quote:
Originally Posted by RxJunkie View Post
Nice build Tz!
Thanks friend
__________________
Cool Grim Dawn Videos :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCypaCutBNX3lwtwWlhRlbqQ
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Rhylthar's Avatar
Rhylthar Rhylthar is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 694
Default

Quote:
Just missing with my old style lately. DW melee was my original playstyle
And is still a lot of fun.

Nice build and I strongly agree to set loot filter to minimum blue. When making a video at Flames of Valbury even the normal drops (Vital Essence, Components, etc.) were annoying.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:30 PM
TZ Tz TZ Tz is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
i tinkered around with cold sabo for awhile before deciding to go back to fire, was able to stack pretty good damage but felt very squishy. eventually settled with korba trickster for cold dw, for the loss of blastshield and explosivestrike AOE, i ended up with much higher HP,OA/DA,crit dmg, and boss kill speed.

somethings to consider:

-1x chillflame is enough for nearly full conversion on FS, for the other weapon ugdenbog chillstrife is much better even with a crappy roll.

-silver sent helm/haggarad glove are kind of meh, very low pierce dmg to convert, rather have icysckorn talons, and possibly ravager helm. alternatively and more defensive option with 2 pc justice is ok too since flat fire is converted to cold.

-in the same vein, if u are using silver sent shoulders to convert acid, you'll want to max lethal assault to lvl22, this you can do with kupa pants+icyskorn

-with full conversion, elemental balacne rings give u alot more dmg than alkamos, altho i hate the proc (it hurts my eyes :\)

-not sure maxing ABB is really worth, feels like underwhelming skill to me, and skillpoints are pretty tight.

2c
Thanks for 2c Jajaja

- Dual Chillflame is for matching Sun n Moon theme. (Sun from Meteor and Moon from Whirlpool)
Demolitionist has several Flat Fire Damages for conversion.
Also for making Cold Meteor Shower.
If we aiming for only FS conversion, yup you're right, 1 is enough.

- Silver sent helm was testing for full Sentinel sets and also aiming Cold RR bonus.
Justice, ya I think it's better than Sentinel, it has more armor/health.
I should try it.

- Silver sent shoulders to convert acid, nice idea !
Now, I already change my rings to Elemental balance rings and iceskorn talons gloves. Thanks to Stoya, Chthon, n you that reminds me

- ABB, well I just make it 1 point wonder now. Just aiming the LA

Thanks again Jajaja !
__________________
Cool Grim Dawn Videos :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCypaCutBNX3lwtwWlhRlbqQ

Last edited by TZ Tz; 12-06-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:35 PM
TZ Tz TZ Tz is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I never played Nightblade but was always curious about Nex and Ortus blades, they look pretty cool. Mythical versions seem to be pretty strong, is it possible to build around them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I have a build around them posted here since vanilla days
@mad_lee
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51983

It's hidden place in Build Compendium V
__________________
Cool Grim Dawn Videos :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCypaCutBNX3lwtwWlhRlbqQ
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-06-2017, 10:37 PM
TZ Tz TZ Tz is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylthar View Post
And is still a lot of fun.

Nice build and I strongly agree to set loot filter to minimum blue. When making a video at Flames of Valbury even the normal drops (Vital Essence, Components, etc.) were annoying.
Yeah, DW melee is still a lot of Fun

Right, sometimes I turn off all item filtering for clearing screens.
So I can see my targets
__________________
Cool Grim Dawn Videos :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCypaCutBNX3lwtwWlhRlbqQ
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cold, dual wield, dual wielding, fire strike, melee, saboteur

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.