Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by knao View Post
May I ask what's your CD on SS ? Something like 1.3s I guess ?
The cooldown is 2 seconds, however, there is also the -1 seconds all skill proc on Belgothian's Carnage.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:11 AM
Herald

Shadow strike is my favorite skill in grimdawn. It has been my favorite for over 3 years now. It's just so satisfying and versatile.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:44 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementoid View Post
The cooldown is 2 seconds, however, there is also the -1 seconds all skill proc on Belgothian's Carnage.
wooow. And you manage to have way more dps than me, 2H with 1.1s cd
It's a pity i like so much jumping around every seconds. otherwise, I think i'd already gone DW.

( btw, the proc is 20% on crit, and you have what ? 10% crit chance or something on average ? so I guess even if you strike insanely fast, that won't bring the CDR too far ?)

Last edited by knao; 04-13-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:40 PM
Supporter

Quote:
wooow. And you manage to have way more dps than me, 2H with 1.1s cd
It's a pity i like so much jumping around every seconds. otherwise, I think i'd already gone DW.

( btw, the proc is 33% on crit, and you have what ? 10% crit chance or something on average ? so I guess even if you strike insanely fast, that won't bring the CDR too far ?)
Dual wielding is better for dps because Shadow Strike scales from both mainhand and offhand (2H weapons will only be counted as mainhand once). Additionally, the second component slot from using 2 weapons allows for, in this case, Oleron's Blood, which adds another very notable source of damage to the mix.

As for the critical strike chance, I was getting ~28% on the dummy and ~31% on normal mobs, so it's a lot higher than the mentioned 10%. Combined with this build having many sources of damage (particularly DoTs), it results in a pretty consistent -1 second skill cooldown every 4.5 seconds, bringing the average effective cooldown of Shadow Strike down to ~1.78 seconds (it also affects Oleron's Might and ABB but they are not as significant).
Old 04-13-2017, 10:55 PM
Speaker

Ah, ok. Thanks for the precision (and correcting my mistakes) !

If I may throw another question, that much dps also means that in practice, you do not need to be 100% (so to speak) of the time "insured" by mirror/blade b. at all right ?

(PS: btw, by 10% crit chance on average, I meant on unique, bosses or nemesis)
Old 04-14-2017, 12:15 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Ah, ok. Thanks for the precision (and correcting my mistakes) !

If I may throw another question, that much dps also means that in practice, you do not need to be 100% (so to speak) of the time "insured" by mirror/blade b. at all right ?

(PS: btw, by 10% crit chance on average, I meant on unique, bosses or nemesis)

Yeah, this build does not need that guarantee; in fact, I've removed the point investment from blade barrier because it's so rarely used. While this build may seem like a glass cannon, it may not necessarily be: the defensive stats such as Defensive Ability and various resistances are all within acceptable ranges and Mirror is only ever used under particularly tough situations (the uptime of the mirror then is usually enough for you to dps your way out of such situations).

The crit chance for the tougher mobs should be very similar to the crit chance on dummy (on mad queen the crit was ~29% if I remember correctly).

Feel free to ask anymore questions you might have! I also enjoy the free bump from replying
Suddenly it's Blademaster who is a spellbreaker wannabe
Old 04-14-2017, 08:43 AM
Initiate

Im using the Soulrend for this build and managed about 200k crit damage. Im just not sure if Dual Wielding will be even better!!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:41 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissnuts View Post
Im using the Soulrend for this build and managed about 200k crit damage. Im just not sure if Dual Wielding will be even better!!
But how often ?

I'm also using a soulrend (and not a too bad one), and the thing I like, is, while I still don't have the BiS gear (aka unobtainable greens (or like this build +5 BoM.. i know, it's not mandatory but.. feeww..)), provided I have buffs and very good ping, I can even solo glad because I only have like 1s dead time between perma-mirror/bb when I need (which is very often since my DA/HP < crits I takes !). That, plus jumping with SS every seconds Makes my char half glass-canon/half tank
Also, compared to DW, it free you from investing much in ABB / LA. Handy.

But the sheer sheet dps, although not too shabby is not the same. not the same atk speed, crit chance, (and that's a pity because soulrend's proc is so cool (visually I mean)) and so on. I can't compete on that level. Even with some fine tuning and better gear I would be I think at ~10k dps less (and I'm not sure about the debuffs)

Anyway, not sure I have anything left to ask
Thanks for the answer @Elementoid.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Initiate

Why why why why? please, don't you understand basics of life OP? why are you posting this...I've had so much fun with it and now it's all going to go to waste..all of those 137 runs for that stupid dread ring which wouldn't drop even if i paypaled devs 300$ directly
Old 04-14-2017, 03:15 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aster View Post
Why why why why? please, don't you understand basics of life OP? why are you posting this...I've had so much fun with it and now it's all going to go to waste..all of those 137 runs for that stupid dread ring which wouldn't drop even if i paypaled devs 300$ directly
lol
lovely feeling right ?

Tags
1.0.1.0, 1.0.1.1, cold, shadow strike, spellbreaker