Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #171  
Old 01-29-2018, 06:49 PM
PrinceXavieR's Avatar
PrinceXavieR PrinceXavieR is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Kind of underplaying Inflitrator honestly.

And i don't have much issues with energy in my Inflitrator.
Yes, sadly it's just playstyle preference. Reason I dropped infiltrator cuz I have another build in mind for it. Not a fan of the WPS procs too, but its not saying its weak. I will do a chilling surge build soon, love the visuals but imo it looks awkward on a gunner.

Maybe I had issues cuz I am not using bard or something and I hate to pop a potion and arcanist is just easier on the mana
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 01-29-2018, 07:38 PM
bystander bystander is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
Yes, sadly it's just playstyle preference. Reason I dropped infiltrator cuz I have another build in mind for it. Not a fan of the WPS procs too, but its not saying its weak. I will do a chilling surge build soon, love the visuals but imo it looks awkward on a gunner.

Maybe I had issues cuz I am not using bard or something and I hate to pop a potion and arcanist is just easier on the mana
Other options include using gear with +energy regen on it.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 01-29-2018, 07:47 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander View Post
Other options include using gear with +energy regen on it.
Mageslayer set sucks for the build if that's what you are thinking

@Norzan, of course Infiltrator isn't inferior because of Rune of Hagarrad. Hagarrad's shotgun is top tier damage but I am not comfortable using it on a gunslinger. You can't even compare ABB and Hagarrad imo.
But the original concept is using ABB as main damage source which is why I max ABB and not Hagarrad
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 01-29-2018, 09:43 PM
bystander bystander is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 1,808
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Mageslayer set sucks for the build if that's what you are thinking
I was not thinking of anything specific.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 01-30-2018, 10:59 AM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Iceskorn talons are better for ABB builds

As for Hagarrad's Pistol, I'd much rather have its proc have a 0.8 second CD
How are Iceskorn Talons better for this particular ABB build, at least the Infiltrator variation? It's already pretty damn easy to cap ABB and just 20% crit damage doesn't that much. Chilling Grips add a ton of flat damage to Chilling Rounds, which is the WPS you want to go off between ABB cooldown.

I honestly prefer to have its attack speed raised first. Specially when it's clearly meant to be fast so that you can get as much Chilling Rounds between ABB cooldowns.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 02-01-2018, 06:44 AM
PrinceXavieR's Avatar
PrinceXavieR PrinceXavieR is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,715
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post

I honestly prefer to have its attack speed raised first. Specially when it's clearly meant to be fast so that you can get as much Chilling Rounds between ABB cooldowns.
and the SB version needs lower proc cooldown badly, we dont have nuke skill like Rune of Hagarrad let alone Chilling round WPS at our arsenal. I could live without the WPS but I would certainly want more attack speed and improve cooldowns on the pistols.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 02-01-2018, 07:16 AM
korsar's Avatar
korsar korsar is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
I could live without the WPS
How this even possible
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 02-09-2018, 11:38 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Wanted to post a new build related to this but I am kinda short on time so hear is the update
I'll explain changes later today
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 03-02-2018, 01:20 PM
dakota's Avatar
dakota dakota is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 25
Default

Nice build.
This build was the reason I thought that I wanted to post to the forum.

My build is:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwAxwX2
Video(Ver1.0.2.1)
https://youtu.be/p2cNSkpFwlg

AS is low
__________________
I am a Japanese GrimDawn player. I can not write English well.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/dakotayarou/
Please feel free to send me a friend as I want a foreign friend.
I love NightBlade.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/dakota_yarou
By a little more, the play time reaches 9000 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 03-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota View Post
Nice build.
This build was the reason I thought that I wanted to post to the forum.
Thank you


Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota View Post
My build is:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwAxwX2
Video(Ver1.0.2.1)
https://youtu.be/p2cNSkpFwlg

AS is low
Your Helm should be Korba Helm/Clairvoyant Helm. Your current helm gimps your Cold Damage by converting 30% of it to Acid

AS being low affects Infiltrator but Spellbreaker is fine w/o it since the latter doesn't have any notable WPS
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cold, infiltrator, spellbreaker, trickster, vindicator

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.