Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-26-2018, 06:39 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabs View Post
If only it had a "Move" button.

That's a big issue, all things considered.

GD is the superior experience due to that alone.

As much as I love, and I do mean absolutely LOVE the setting of TQ, I cannot go back to "Click, click, click to move".
I have to agree. GD is the better user experience, hands down. There's so much QoL going on in it in comparison, it's miles beyond TQ. In every way.

The only thing anyone can say in TQ's defense in this regard is, "I like the setting more". And we know that's just a lesson in subjectivity. And the VA is nice as well. Then again TQ's budget far outstripped GD's, so, there's that.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2018, 06:41 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
You have always been able to move in TQ by just holding down the LMB and moving it around the screen, same as in GD.
He's referring more to the combat specifically I think. Kill an enemy.. guess what? Gotta click. Again. And again. And again. And ag.....

Old 07-26-2018, 06:44 PM
Advocate

Quote:
You have always been able to move in TQ by just holding down the LMB and moving it around the screen, same as in GD.

FWIW, there are days (like today) when holding down LMB is painful. holding down 'A' and moving the mouse/trackpad around is doable though...

Steam ID 'thederrick'
Old 07-26-2018, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
He's referring more to the combat specifically I think. Kill an enemy.. guess what? Gotta click. Again. And again. And again. And ag.....

And again, no. I can hold down the LMB and fire off my bow/staff and hit one enemy after another without making separate clicks. I just move the pointer to each one as they come into range. Same for melee attacks, though I'm more inclined to click separately when playing melee.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:50 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
And again, no. I can hold down the LMB and fire off my bow/staff and hit one enemy after another without making separate clicks. I just move the pointer to each one as they come into range. Same for melee attacks, though I'm more inclined to click separately when playing melee.
Did they change something with the anniversary updates? I can clearly remember this not being the case back when I used to play.

There's a reason why Crate has "classic controls" in the options as a throwback for TQ jarheads who enjoy being punished. They classically suck tho. I would just toss em out.

Last edited by powbam; 07-26-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Did they change something with the anniversary updates? I can clearly remember this not being the case back when I used to play.

There's a reason why Crate has "classic controls" in the options as a throwback for TQ jarheads who enjoy being punished. They classically suck tho. I would just toss em out.

No, it was the same in TQIT. I didn't know about the movement thing for many years and had been clicking away to get around. Then someone on the TQ.net forum told me and hey presto, saved my mouse and fingers some work.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:02 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
No, it was the same in TQIT. I didn't know about the movement thing for many years and had been clicking away to get around. Then someone on the TQ.net forum told me and hey presto, saved my mouse and fingers some work.
That would be weird if I didn't notice it then. I'm not one to be afraid to open up the options and dig around for such things. Surprisingly in this day and age there are people breathing the same air we do who apparently don't realise games have options and worse, they are deathly afraid to even contemplate looking for such a thing and would rather make forum posts complaining about not having such and such feature. The world is such an interesting place.

Last edited by powbam; 07-26-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

There's nothing in the game options re movement or classic targetting. The AE version only added Fast and Very Fast options to the game's Normal speed, that's all. Whether there's anything in the options.txt file for it I don't know.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:58 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
I remember it being like that 10 years ago already

Quote:
There's a reason why Crate has "classic controls" in the options as a throwback for TQ jarheads who enjoy being punished.
I always thought that was for the Diablo fans - quite frankly, I never understood who that option was intended for at all, masochists I assume
Old 07-26-2018, 08:03 PM
Praetorian

I can confirm you can fire to any direction while holding down the left or right mouse button in Titan Quest. My latest build is a ranged Ranger.

I hate TQ's targeting system, specifically using skills from the skill slot bar. You have to click on the skill in the slot, then aim it with the cursor and then press the button corresponding to the slot in the skill bar. In GD you only have move the cursor to your target and press the button corresponding to the slot in the skill bar.

Last edited by Norzan; 07-26-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Tags
grim misadventures