Old 07-20-2018, 02:21 PM
Supporter

Post Not enthused

likely won't solve the upgraded with expansions/dlc verse 'not' multiplayer issues; seriously there should be a roll back cap so you can run a limited instance within GD.

Malmouth took all the interesting minmax people had been doing then specifically threw a kitchen sink at destroying those builds.
I mean I get it you don't want one button ponies and lazy builds, focusing on action; but the lack of finesse makes a general boring malaise of any uniqueness the game might have.
If every character has to be a tank and use AOE DOT's with maxed resistances your actually limiting choice no matter what you bring out.
Hate casual gamers all you like, but we bought into the same game as the stay at home e-sporters (sahes) and we'll take it (our future gaming budget) elsewhere if we don't like the experience.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:29 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiousintahl View Post
likely won't solve the upgraded with expansions/dlc verse 'not' multiplayer issues; seriously there should be a roll back cap so you can run a limited instance within GD.

Malmouth took all the interesting minmax people had been doing then specifically threw a kitchen sink at destroying those builds.
I mean I get it you don't want one button ponies and lazy builds, focusing on action; but the lack of finesse makes a general boring malaise of any uniqueness the game might have.
If every character has to be a tank and use AOE DOT's with maxed resistances your actually limiting choice no matter what you bring out.
Hate casual gamers all you like, but we bought into the same game as the stay at home e-sporters (sahes) and we'll take it (our future gaming budget) elsewhere if we don't like the experience.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:36 PM
Emissary

Quote:

As a casual player, I pretty much disagree with everything you wrote there, mainly because it´s wrong. In my opinion.

And who the heck made YOU the official spokesperson for casual gamers?

Old 07-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Praetorian

Quote:

What in the hell are you talking about? Not every build has to be a tank with AoE dots to beat Malmouth. I beat it in Ultimate during testing, when the damage scaling was way worse, with characters that had level 75 gear. Also maxed resists are expected because if the game doesn't expect it, you can be effectively immortal because how relatively easy it is to cap res right now.

There's this idiotic myth that "every build in the game has to be a tank to beat it" which is complete crap. Also, god forbid the highest difficulty, the hardest in the game, expects even basic defense so that you can survive.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:46 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
a limited instance for what ? Not sure what this even attempts to achieve...

Quote:
I mean I get it you don't want one button ponies and lazy builds, focusing on action;
they adjusted some outliers, mostly via buffs, so this seems a bit over the top

Quote:
but the lack of finesse makes a general boring malaise of any uniqueness the game might have.
no idea what this means

Quote:
you need your defenses & resistances, AoE and DoT is really up to you.

Needing the resistances is not really a limitation, sure you cannot run just about any crap build in crap gear, but that is not something you should expect at higher difficulties.
You are not restricted to the point where you are forced into one specific ‘build’, just look at the build forum

Quote:
taking your money elsewhere is your prerogative, the rest is a bunch of nonsense that I have no idea where it is even coming from, or why AoM would trigger this while vanilla GD did not
Old 07-20-2018, 03:13 PM
Minister of Information

@Illiousintahl - your feedback is appreciated, but can you be a bit more specific and start a dedicated thread in Ideas and Feedback?
Old 08-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Praetorian

I can't wait guys!

# of level 85 characters I have atm: 7

Tags
grim misadventure