Old 03-05-2011, 09:16 PM
Speaker

Default couple ideas i'd like to see in Grim Dawn.

The information regarding the game is limited, but I kind of envision it very similar to Titan Quest (the way the skills work, the game play, ect..)

Anyway, this is what I'd like to see.

1) Story: I'm a sucker for a good story. Titan Quest had a decent story, but it was really good for me because I am really into mythology. I read that Grim Dawn takes place in a fictional Victorian time period. I just think a story that grabs the player instead of something that you'll just skip to get to the next boss (ie, diablo..) would be awesome.

2) Skill tree: I always thought it would be cool to reward the player that invests into a skill tree. I think one of the mods for TQ does this. If you max it out you get a bonus. I'd also like to see skills that you can only get if you advance two sets of skills far enough. For example, in the Warfare tree for TQ: If you invested enough points into the Onslaught and Battle Standard branches (?) then you could earn a new skill that can only be achieved by having enough points in those two branches. This would reward players that invested heavily into those points.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Acolyte

or even Synergy bonus' for skill classes that would give certain bonus' for builds... dont know if that makes sense like it does in my head...
maybe i should think harder on the subject heh
Old 03-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Praetorian

One thing I'd certainly like to see is autho-casting skills if there's an appropriate target under the mouse (like this "mod" for TQ), it makes combat flow so much better.

I'd also like to be able to see how big the AoE for skills that have AoEs on them is. For example, if you've got an aura (eg, Deathchill Aura) & you hold down a particular key, (Alt, Ctrl, etc) then you get a circle on the ground that gives the AoE for any auras & skills bound to your mouse (eg, Volcanic Orb, Thunderball, etc), since it's often not particularly clear from the graphic of the aura.

Last edited by Llama8; 03-06-2011 at 09:36 AM.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4  
Old 03-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Crate Auxiliary - Artist

I spoke with Medierra about the auto-cast stuff a while back.
We're looking into it.
Thanks
B
Old 03-12-2011, 08:11 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama8 View Post
I'd also like to be able to see how big the AoE for skills that have AoEs on them is. For example, if you've got an aura (eg, Deathchill Aura) & you hold down a particular key, (Alt, Ctrl, etc) then you get a circle on the ground that gives the AoE for any auras & skills bound to your mouse (eg, Volcanic Orb, Thunderball, etc), since it's often not particularly clear from the graphic of the aura.
Please, please put this into the game. Or at least something that allows you to see how big your aoe spells are. Its so frustrating not knowing what you're hitting.
Closed Thread

Tags
builds, skill trees, story, targeting, user interface