Old 02-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Speaker

Default Just as Arcanum ?

I'm not totally sure not to have failed a thread with the right answer for my question but :

Is the skill system a little bit thought like the fantastic Arcanum ? I mean, will it be a half of skill trees that concern more technology and not magic ? For example, increase gun damage, repair, combine, forge, analyse, and so on.

It was such a pleasure to play Troika's game and wondering : so, do I want later to use time and pay to travel by train or just instantly teleport myself for free ?
Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Counsel

No. The skill system will be as Titan Quest was, players will be able to select up to 2 skill trees to invest skill points into.

Some classes will be magic based and some might be more technology themed (guns and explosives) but AFAIK you will not be forced to chose one over the other.

There are also no plans for skill trees to include non combat based skills (such as repair, combine, forge, analyse) these or their equivalents will be available to all players.

Fast travel between areas will most likely be free as it was in TQ.

Welcome to the GD forums.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Praetorian

Tenka is correct, if you played TQ, then GD will use the same system

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 02-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Speaker

Indeed I enjoy playing TQ and hope GD will have all those good aspects.

I was just wondering how much GD takes advantage of its new background / epoque to propose new challenges. And it seems just a little bit a pity that there's no real choice to make between technology and magic, as Arcanum (which is certainly not a dungeon crawling so there's nothing to compare with) was just awesome because of this "fatal choice" : I cannot use guns when my hands are full of magic vibrations.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Counsel

Quote:
And it seems just a little bit a pity that there's no real choice to make between technology and magic, as Arcanum (which is certainly not a dungeon crawling so there's nothing to compare with) was just awesome because of this "fatal choice" : I cannot use guns when my hands are full of magic vibrations.
That would restrict the combinations of classes available dramatically, that's not really something we'd want.

I think most players will naturally favor a narrow set of skills and gear to the exclusion of others anyway, but there's no reason to enforce it.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Speaker

Finally, you're totally right.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Praetorian

yeah this would be a very bad move if GD went this way, and I don't think many people will be too happy as a result, besides this would indeed restrict the duel class system, if you want that root, then you may as well remove the duel class system all together, and that would be an even worse move, as there are going to be at least 4 classes with maybe a few others on top?

one of the things that made TQ really good was the duel class system, and GD will have it too, so loads of choice, and there are going to be 25 masteries per class? I think it was that many, plus the ability to duel class, a lot of choice, so not been able to use either would restrict class choice and mastery choice

but personally, the ability to duel class is a good thing, and there will be a lot of choice (why restrict that?)

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Closed Thread

Tags
skill trees