#1141  
Old 04-16-2018, 09:26 AM
Roadblock Roadblock is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: London
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicedude14 View Post
is this some kind of glass cannon? or a tanky build?
It is very tough assault cannon build, lots of DA, RR, flat aether/chaos/lightning retaliation and %retaliation bonuses.
Reply With Quote
  #1142  
Old 04-17-2018, 01:19 AM
zParticle zParticle is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 34
Smile

I love this mod in that it gives you MORE of everything great about Grim Dawn without deviating too much from the experience of the base game.
Thanks a ton for keeping this up!

Is there a document that spells out all the new features, such as
  • all characters can now dual wield from level 1
  • starting in "Veteran" gives you the Grimmest experience with maximum monsters
  • autopickup for all components
  • what else?
Reply With Quote
  #1143  
Old 04-17-2018, 12:40 PM
jaketugo jaketugo is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 10
Default speed mod merge

Hey, so coming from Titan Quest I couldn't stand how slow walking in this game was so I figured out how to do basic modding and made the following changes:
+50% default speed (0.92>1.38)
max movement speed 135 > 1000
max attack speed 200 > 1000
max cating speed 200 > 1000
max devotion cap 50 > 9999
increased maximum camera distance
hopefully increased attack ranges
hopefully increased monster spawnrates a bit (spawnMax)

Disclaimer:
This shouldn't change any characters as it's not modifying your saves, only how the base game works,
but I take no reponsibility so use it at your own risk!

The mod is intended to work only with the DLCs - didn't tested it without them.
I used NateATon's Legendary Cap Remover mod (outdated) as an example, though I made the changes from the default gamefiles.

I also wanted to increase monster's movement speed to make it more fair
but there's no easy way of doing that so now the mod is quite overpowered as you can easily kite all day.
Has anyone tried this "crank it up mod" with Grimarillion?

How to use:
Unpack the contents to the mods folder inside Grim Dawn.
Alternatively, if you want to use this in combination with other mods
you can replace the GDX1.arz file in Grim Dawn\gdx1\database with CrankItUp.arz (rename it to GDX1.arz).
That way if your other mod doesn't interfere with the settings this mod changes, both should work.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!fBt1xTZb!P6naEVM8A...isSlgyzTr-bO4g

Also, I made this mod for myself but because of how many people dislike the slow pace of the game and that there isn't any working mods that are similar, I thought I'd share it. But I might not update it later.
Reply With Quote
  #1144  
Old 04-17-2018, 01:09 PM
Dicedude14 Dicedude14 is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 44
Default

are there any trainer like gd defiler that can work with this mod?
Reply With Quote
  #1145  
Old 04-17-2018, 01:16 PM
fotosintesis fotosintesis is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaketugo View Post
Hey, so coming from Titan Quest I couldn't stand how slow walking in this game was so I figured out how to do basic modding and made the following changes:
+50% default speed (0.92>1.38)
max movement speed 135 > 1000
max attack speed 200 > 1000
max cating speed 200 > 1000
max devotion cap 50 > 9999
increased maximum camera distance
hopefully increased attack ranges
hopefully increased monster spawnrates a bit (spawnMax)

Disclaimer:
This shouldn't change any characters as it's not modifying your saves, only how the base game works,
but I take no reponsibility so use it at your own risk!

The mod is intended to work only with the DLCs - didn't tested it without them.
I used NateATon's Legendary Cap Remover mod (outdated) as an example, though I made the changes from the default gamefiles.

I also wanted to increase monster's movement speed to make it more fair
but there's no easy way of doing that so now the mod is quite overpowered as you can easily kite all day.
Has anyone tried this "crank it up mod" with Grimarillion?

How to use:
Unpack the contents to the mods folder inside Grim Dawn.
Alternatively, if you want to use this in combination with other mods
you can replace the GDX1.arz file in Grim Dawn\gdx1\database with CrankItUp.arz (rename it to GDX1.arz).
That way if your other mod doesn't interfere with the settings this mod changes, both should work.

Link:
https://mega.nz/#!fBt1xTZb!P6naEVM8A...isSlgyzTr-bO4g

Also, I made this mod for myself but because of how many people dislike the slow pace of the game and that there isn't any working mods that are similar, I thought I'd share it. But I might not update it later.
does it work (overlap) with any mod session?
iirc, setting environment changes goes following this priority
Mod< xpac(gdx1)<Base file setting
I'm afraid, your changes are naturally overwritten as most modpack have their own overlapped setting.


Btw, gonna need a decrypt key for your Mega file
Reply With Quote
  #1146  
Old 04-17-2018, 05:46 PM
zParticle zParticle is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 34
Default

That prompts me to ask, why is the base move speed cap so very low? You can cap it with a couple of low-level yellow items, which makes a lot of the move bonuses a waste.
Reply With Quote
  #1147  
Old 04-17-2018, 06:07 PM
ASYLUM101's Avatar
ASYLUM101 ASYLUM101 is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 8,036
Default

Who knows, ask Crate
Reply With Quote
  #1148  
Old 04-17-2018, 07:38 PM
demonobento demonobento is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
That prompts me to ask, why is the base move speed cap so very low? You can cap it with a couple of low-level yellow items, which makes a lot of the move bonuses a waste.
The walk speed cap was much higher in the beta I believe. Higher walking speed was making kiting too OP, and also players were just skipping through the maps too effectively, making movement speed too good of a stats. I like the cap on the movement speed, so I don't have to worry about it too much, because it is easy to reach the cap.
Reply With Quote
  #1149  
Old 04-18-2018, 12:05 PM
Evilnaja Evilnaja is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1
Default

Is it possible to add the stash mod ??
Reply With Quote
  #1150  
Old 04-18-2018, 01:15 PM
fotosintesis fotosintesis is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 105
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonobento View Post
The walk speed cap was much higher in the beta I believe. Higher walking speed was making kiting too OP, and also players were just skipping through the maps too effectively, making movement speed too good of a stats. I like the cap on the movement speed, so I don't have to worry about it too much, because it is easy to reach the cap.
Indeed. It was capped at 150% last time. Remember days when we can pave through the map only cuz there is not enough res to tank or sufficient gear to face the mobs?
Missed my day when face-kiting Heroe(s) in Act1 is the best 1st nerve-wrecking exp with GD.

Tbh, Crate should either rescale back the walk speed bonus (and it led to non-significant bonus) or bumps up the cap by bit for new meta;
Zantai: "or simply leave it as is"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.