Old 04-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Initiate

Default How to trade

I just started looking to complete a set or two. How do I trade with others when I am ready to do so?

I am trying to complete the Ulzuin's Avatar set and/or the Keeper of the Flame set.

On hand, I do have, for trade:

Tinker's Ingenuity,
Thornhide Legguards, and
Dreadscorcher.

Last edited by needfer; 04-14-2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-14-2018, 04:06 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfer View Post
I just started looking to complete a set or two. How do I trade with others when I am ready to do so?
If you're on Steam, you'll have to host a multiplayer game (from the Grim Dawn Main Menu, swap from 'Single player' to 'Host Multiplayer') or get the person you are trading with to host and join them (similar to hosting but select 'Join Multiplayer' instead). Whoever is joining will have to browse and find the game and join (shouldn't be hard if you're used to lobby/server-browsing in other games).

Most people will add each other to their Steam friend's list beforehand as well for quick communication (you can also join a Steam friend's lobby directly but only in-game too) but it is not necessary.

When you're in game, right-click their portrait when you're close enough and 'Trade'. Dropping items on the ground works too but I wouldn't take the chance if something fell out the world or something (though this has never happened in 1000+ hours of active trading)

Last edited by Evil_Baka; 04-14-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:03 PM
Initiate

Awesome! Thanks! :-)