Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-27-2017, 07:48 PM
Counsel

Nope, doesn't matter. Functionally PB is the same since you should always have it up.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 PM
Supporter

Okay, thanks Ryzel.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:31 PM
Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabarto View Post
I'm really liking this surge of cold builds recently. I'd probably be tempted to try this one if I weren't too busy trying to get Soulrend (which I'm pretty sure the devs implemented for the express purpose of getting me to shut up about buffing Bane of the Winter King).
Is there a surge of cold builds. I must have missed some. Not saying you are wrong just that I have not seen.
I also love cold builds but all ARPGs make them underpowered. Because cold slows and freezes the developers think it is a big advantage so they make cold do less damage. Then you fight bosses who are immune to freeze and you are just underpowered. No developers have ever solved this problem in any game I have played. So cold is always the one thing that has never had any OP builds.
it would be great to see a tier 1 cold build that is really OP or near to it. Freezing things is really fun for me
Old 12-03-2017, 12:48 PM
Initiate

Was lucky with shield,gloves,shoulder,medal drops but still build feels like its missing tankiness and health regen. I know i miss menhir bastion but that relic doesnt look like huge upgrade. Was using battered shell instead of blood. Sometimes in AOM i take too much dmg for a tank.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwMrxj2

Edit:crafted mehirs bastion,feels better now but still sometimes gets nuked hard in AOM content.

Last edited by josip666; 12-03-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:58 AM
Initiate

I've been playing this build for a while now. So far have not had any trouble in HC Ultimate. Kubacabra and moosilauke have high cold resist so the fights take some time, but still they go down in a reasonable time.

Any ideas how to get Mark of Dark Dreams lvl75 version since it cannot drop as i'm lvl100. Is crafting it via the celestial smith in Tyrants hold the only option besides trading it? Shame that they removed the frostburn proc in the myth version.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:40 PM
Initiate

Default update to AOM

Hi

i just installed AOM.
This build is/was by far my strongest build, before AOM.
i have not followed up on the latest patches, so my question is:
what did change to this build?
how to update this built

thx
Old 01-17-2018, 06:35 PM
Initiate

Are there any updates to this build to consider the new expansion?
Old 01-18-2018, 05:51 AM
Initiate

hope to see an update.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:46 PM
Acolyte

Ryzel,

I'm planning to use this build for the regular game (and AoM), but not for crucible (at least for now).

So, do you think I can remove some of the extra tankness that is meant for Crucible and add more damage?

And since you understand a lot more about the game than me, how is the best way to do this?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2018, 01:03 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melee_Warrior View Post
Ryzel,

I'm planning to use this build for the regular game (and AoM), but not for crucible (at least for now).

So, do you think I can remove some of the extra tankness that is meant for Crucible and add more damage?

And since you understand a lot more about the game than me, how is the best way to do this?

Thanks!
I'm not Ryzel, but I played this build all the way in vanilla hardcore game, as I don't have DLCs.

I was able to finish all content, Ultimate Mad Queen, all rogue dungeons, and secret quests. Also killed couple of nemesis who met me on the way.

The final build I ended up with (due to lack of other items) is this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZorpPEV

I killed Mad queen while I had "Citadel" relic still, and killed Log while still using "Deathchill" ..

I think that's the major change you can do while leveling, keeping Deathchill instead of using defensive relics. When I replaced it with Citadel to finish the toughest endgame bosses, I lost like 25% of my total damage, so it's huge, I had been dropping heroes and bosses like flies with it.

Second change is to not drop ABB level anything below 17 the whole way, it's a significant increase in damage and range. With Deathchill and spectral weapon, It's your single highest damage source (because in vanilla game, you don't proc blizzard that much). The direct Ice damage was the strongest damage component in ABB all the way while leveling (~60% of my LMB breakdown)

To be able to keep ABB at max, I was forced to drop "Shadow dance" to 1 and keep it at that. Also couldn't up some solider skills over 5 points until the very end when I got all +skills, yet I couldn't get them to 10/10 ..

These skills are: "Menhir's Will", "Military conditioning", and "Shield training". Among them, I gave priority to "Military conditioning" because I kept Deathchill and didn't get Citadel (+14% HP) early on.

I kept the exact same devotion as Ryzel, because it's the ideal one pre-expansion. But If you have AoM then you might find a more efficient route within the new constellations. (Getting Rumor for example)

Finally, as I couldn't find better amulet than "heart of the mountain" I sometimes summon the attached Chillmane for a bit of extra damage. True I don't have any pet buffs, but the huge ice resist debuff on enemies make its damage count - a bit. And it surprisingly could stay alive for a minute or two if you keep it defensive.

Edit: The latest 1.0.5.0 update have buffed this build even more:
* Component - Vengeful Wraith: increased % Frostburn Duration to 30% and Offensive Ability to 10
* Frostdread Cuirass: added 15% Bleed Resist, increased % Cold Resist to 50%. Added % Cold damage and Frostburn duration bonuses to granted skill.
* Amatok: increased Frostburn Duration to 50%
* Ring of Steel: increased base % Weapon damage to 80% (insignificant, but it's there)
* Squad Tactics: added % Cast Speed bonus equal to % Attack Speed (Does it even matter?)
* Beacon of the Winter's Veil: increased % Frostburn Duration to 120% (If you go with this weapon, I still prefer Crescent moon)

Last edited by elnawawi; 02-24-2018 at 01:20 AM.

Tags
blademaster