Old 09-17-2018, 02:13 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I was getting error messages whenever I started GD Stash about items missing from the database, so I tried to re-import the database. It's been stuck decompressing database.arz for about an hour now (for the second time), and I can no longer access my stash or the hundreds (thousands?) of items in it.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can successfully install a new database?
the only way to do this is to wait for the import to finish, not sure why it takes that long though, maybe it crashed silently in the background... are you using the latest version ?
Old 09-17-2018, 02:15 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Did I just lose everything I had collected by pressing import database again? Please tell me I didn't. Where is my collection stored?
Importing the DB does not affect your stored items at all, it only updates the GD definitions.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:35 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
After starting GD Stash via the batch file (and pointing it toward the correct location of Java), GD Stash successfully imported the database. Everything is still there. Yay! Sorry for the confusion.
Should have kept reading it seems
Old 09-21-2018, 07:29 PM
Initiate

Passing by just to say thanks you for this tool, it's a lifesaver.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:22 PM
Praetorian

@mamba, new poster having problems with GD Stash, but not an obvious thread title to indicate this here.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:11 PM
Initiate

Default I can not add items to GD Stash.

Today I downloaded Grim Dawn Stash. The problem is that I can not add any item in the crafting tab.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:25 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
Today I downloaded Grim Dawn Stash. The problem is that I can not add any item in the crafting tab.
Going by the image, you have no transfer stash selected, which should mean that none exist in the save dir you specified.

The first drop-down list on the right side shows the available stashes, it should be empty (otherwise a stash should be selected). Please check that. If it lists stashes, select one, otherwise you either have your saves in a different dir (local vs cloud) or have not talked to the Smuggler in Devils Crossing yet.

When using cloud saves, do NOT have GD running while making changes.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Initiate

On the right, I can not choose anything next to the mod inscription and above the word.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:24 AM
Initiate

Default GD Stash Help

My ignorance cost me my entire shared stash tabs. But while trying to fix the problem I somehow made it worse. I cant even search items using crafting section, and to the right SC Vanilla(.bst) text is red, with only one tab. I've read the FAQ and tried to restore previous transfers but I havent noticed anything come back.

Fragment of loading items from dir

javax.swing.ImageIcon@1121bea File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\193762157\219990\remote\save\ transfer.gst, page 5: item records/items/gearlegs/c014_legs.dbr not found in database
javax.swing.ImageIcon@1121bea File , page 0: item records/items/geartorso/d004_torso.dbr not found in database
javax.swing.ImageIcon@1121bea File , page 0: item records/items/geartorso/d004_torso.dbr not found in database
javax.swing.ImageIcon@1121bea File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\193762157\219990\remote\save\ transfer.gst, page 5: item records/items/geartorso/d004_torso.dbr not found in database

Is there any way to fix the crafting part atleast or remove GD Stash files and reinstall? I tried reinstalling and nothing changed.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:33 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
On the right, I can not choose anything next to the mod inscription and above the word.
I did not expect you to be able to, as mentioned, so that confirms my expectation.

This simply means you have no transfer stash yet (have not talked to the Smuggler yet), or you specified the wrong save dir, also as mentioned. So one of these two is the solution.