Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
Hi, first off thank you for this amazing mod really enjoying this with a friend. I have a bit of an issue however. When I first loaded up the game and ran the mod I got to play it just fine. I come back the next day try to load Grim Dawn and it wont start giving me a crash log to report.
Is there any way to prevent this happening ?...

Mods should not affect the base game at all as they are loaded after you start them from the main menu so this is the first time I hear about such issue.

What RoT and GD version do you have?
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Mods should not affect the base game at all as they are loaded after you start them from the main menu so this is the first time I hear about such issue.

I downloaded the mod last night from the first page on this topic using the google drive links. I followed the three steps to install also I version 1.0.7.1

Is there any way to check whats going wrong on start up ? I can if possible post that information if available and needed.
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
Hi, first off thank you for this amazing mod really enjoying this with a friend. I have a bit of an issue however. When I first loaded up the game and ran the mod I got to play it just fine. I come back the next day try to load Grim Dawn and it wont start giving me a crash log to report.

If i remove the Reign of Terror folder from my mods folder Grim dawn runs fine. Is there any way to prevent this happening ? If I place the RoT mod back into mods folder Grim Dawn simply wont start giving me a crash report to send again (i say it wont start, it does load up then quickly shuts down).
A mod shouldn't affect the standard game. It isn't even loaded normally. That being said, there is a bug in Grim Dawn where if you load a mod, exit the mod, then switch to another mod or the standard game, pointers get messed up.

The solution is simple. Just make sure you completely exit the game before playing a different mod or the standard game.

If you are already doing this and still getting a crash, I would look for some edge case on your computer system as a whole. For instance, not enough ram, so virtual ram is being used, but you don't have enough HD space for the virtual ram.

Last edited by Jaime_Warlock; Yesterday at 08:23 PM.
Old Today, 12:27 PM
Speaker

Quote:

just a small update, I deleted the RoT mod from my mod folder and just reinstalled and extracted all the files again (no fresh download). Loaded it up and it seems to be working fine now. No problems loading the base game. I understand that the mod files should affect the base game loading up. I do actually have a lot of experience with mods from many games along with about 1000 hours in GD without a single hick up or reinstall until this issue.

It is completely boggling my mind as much as every one else's. One thing we can take away from this is, the crash reports where sent in =P
Old Today, 05:21 PM
Initiate

Hello Ram! the more Im playing your mod the more excited Im getting.
I honestly think is the closest thing to an actually remaster I have tried.
I also have few questions and I wonder if you could give them a quick look

1.- How many of the D2 uniques and sets did you implement? (roughly) And do you plan to implement most of them? Do these uniques have new skins in-game or are you recycling appareances of grim dawn items? (I wish I could see the grandfather :P)

2.- What is the maximum level?

3.- Do you think there will be compatibility problems with this mod when the Forgotten Gods will be released?

4.- I don´t know yet how smooth the animation of the wirldwind for the barbarian skill looks like in this mod, but do you plan to use maybe the new animation provided from the new Oathkeeper mastery?

5.- As a necromancer lover, do you think it would be possible to add a small effect on the hands of the skeletal mages?? like in the original D2 that they had frost, fire, poison or electricity on their hands. I know is a really stupid small detail but it would be sooo amazing Maybe when act 5 is finished? :P

Cheers!
Old Today, 05:49 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by socum View Post
1.- How many of the D2 uniques and sets did you implement? (roughly) And do you plan to implement most of them?
All D2 Uniques and Sets are implemented.
Old Today, 06:05 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by socum View Post
Hello Ram! the more Im playing your mod the more excited Im getting.
I honestly think is the closest thing to an actually remaster I have tried.
I also have few questions and I wonder if you could give them a quick look

1.- How many of the D2 uniques and sets did you implement? (roughly) And do you plan to implement most of them? Do these uniques have new skins in-game or are you recycling appareances of grim dawn items? (I wish I could see the grandfather :P)

2.- What is the maximum level?

3.- Do you think there will be compatibility problems with this mod when the Forgotten Gods will be released?

4.- I don´t know yet how smooth the animation of the wirldwind for the barbarian skill looks like in this mod, but do you plan to use maybe the new animation provided from the new Oathkeeper mastery?

5.- As a necromancer lover, do you think it would be possible to add a small effect on the hands of the skeletal mages?? like in the original D2 that they had frost, fire, poison or electricity on their hands. I know is a really stupid small detail but it would be sooo amazing Maybe when act 5 is finished? :P

Cheers!
1. All D2 unique / set items are implemented. Some items already have new model / UI bitmap, your beloved Grandfather is one of them.

2. max lvl = 100

3. FG is going to break some stuff but I am prepared for it. Will try to fix all issues asap once it's released.

4. WW currently uses "static spin" animation. Once FG is released, it will be changed to proper movement skill.

5. I already use this for Abyss / Oblivion knights in the upcoming Act 4 update. The thing with necro skele mages is that they can cast a random spell so there is no way to match their element with glow color. I would have to make 4 separate skeleton types and then I could use this glow. So no plans for it now, but I will probably make it after all base content is done and I start reworking D2 skills.

Last edited by Ram; Today at 06:09 PM.
Old Today, 06:11 PM
Initiate

Quote:
1. All D2 unique / set items are implemented. Some items already have new model / UI bitmap, your beloved Grandfather is one of them.

2. max lvl = 100

3. FG is going to break some stuff but I am prepared for it. Will try to fix all issues asap once it's released.

4. WW currently uses "static spin" animation. Once FG is released, it will be changed to proper movement skill.

5. I already use this for Abyss / Oblivion knights in the upcoming Act 4 update. The thing with necro skele mages is that they can cast a random spell so there is no way to match their element with glow color. I would have to make 4 separate skeleton types and then I could use this glow. So no plans for it now, but I will probably make it after all base content is done and I start reworking D2 skills.
I cant be happier with the answers! amazing the grandfather !!!
Keep up this nice work, I dont stop spreading the word of your work

Tags
diablo 2, map, mod