Old 02-14-2019, 09:06 AM
Initiate

Default Looking for suggestions on a Cabalist builld

Hey Grim Dawners,

I wanted your advice on a build I made.
On a side note, usually I use build others make, but this time I decided to try and do one on my own.

I was happy with the results, and the build is kinda flashy (but not lightning-build flashy!)
However, it doesn't pack a huge punch on Ultimate's nemeses and big bosses (e.g., Rashalga the Annoying Queen), even if it's quite tanky for a caster (lots of life-steal).
As a result, currently it doesn't fare perfectly on Gladiator (reached high rounds, though)

I tried to focus on dmg and some def, and there is certainly something I am doing wrong.
I have another Cabalist build using Dreeg's Evil Eye (converted to vitality) and the dmg is amazing for a caster.

My build is:
More defensive version: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YVWkKQnV
More offensive version: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxgMYr2
(differences are in the devotions)

As you can see, my source of dmg is also my source of life/healing from the life-steal.
And with all of that +% to vitality damage and resistance reductions, I still don't pack such a huge punch as other builds (e.g., the DEE build I mentioned earlier)

What do you guys think?
What do I need to do in order to boost this boy?

Appreciate your time and efforts in reading and trying to help :-)

Cheers!

P.S.,
After this build is perfected, I will be happy to post a guide to it as well, as it is so fun to use!

Last edited by Lovecraftian; 02-16-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:20 AM
Champion

I have not get the time to look on your builds in detail yet, but I can share you with you my cabalist build (I have not made a build thread of it yet)

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2B3GKBV

YouTube: malawiglenn
Old 02-16-2019, 09:14 PM
Initiate

Default Cabalist build

Hey!
Thx for the build.

I happen to change my Pox (AND Doom Bolt) to Ravenous Earth, and changed a few components and augments to increase OA... Resulted in a lil bit more OA.

I have around 88%-98% Vitality Resistance Reduction (defensive build, but if I go to the other more offensive one it's +25% to all that via Rattosh's devotion skill. This, however, causes me to lose THREE other good skills...)

Still wrapping my head around it.

Cheers.

Last edited by Lovecraftian; 02-16-2019 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:21 PM
Counsel

I'm trying an Acid/Poison focused Cabalist to see if it's viable (Ravenous Earth, Dreeg's Evil Eye, Blight Fiend). Cleaned up Veteran without breaking a sweat but will probably struggle later on.
Seems everyone does Vitality and I can't blame them due to how well this damage type is supported.
Old 02-16-2019, 11:30 PM
Herald

I'd grab ANY Bonespike and ANY Basilisk Crest and make it a RE build. Change the belt to Stolen Dreams. This build will never have adcth. The amulet/shoulders to something with RE support (soulcatcher/dark one).
Old Today, 11:29 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flix View Post
I'm trying an Acid/Poison focused Cabalist to see if it's viable (Ravenous Earth, Dreeg's Evil Eye, Blight Fiend). Cleaned up Veteran without breaking a sweat but will probably struggle later on.
Seems everyone does Vitality and I can't blame them due to how well this damage type is supported.

IKR?
Vitality dmg has a lot of support and cool features...
Old Today, 11:37 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
I'd grab ANY Bonespike and ANY Basilisk Crest and make it a RE build. Change the belt to Stolen Dreams. This build will never have adcth. The amulet/shoulders to something with RE support (soulcatcher/dark one).
Hmm...
I tried to NOT make it like another RE build...
Also, there is some grim satisfaction of exploding in a large lifestealing nova (i.e., Siphon Souls).
Lots of adcth in this build of mine... but still...
I have seen a build focusing on SoC and double DB (via the Hourglass devotion skill proc). Had no Problem staying alive, and I think the OA was a little less than mine, can't remember.

I did replace Bloody Pox + DB with RE and the dmg is nicer (I had BP for the OA debuff, but since it didn't make much of a difference, I went for full RE...) the Dreams Girlde seem pretty neat, I will look at it too.

Thanks for the suggetions though.
I will try to think about or around them.

(I really like the playstyle and procs of this build, and also am not sure about which one i like more - the defensive or the more offensive one)

Cheers!

Last edited by Lovecraftian; Today at 12:36 PM.

Tags
build advice, build help, build questions