Old 02-14-2019, 04:14 AM
Counsel

I feel ya,
I have a pretty tanky tactician(gun and shield) 16k health only 10kdps. Rng has been terrible to me and will soon resort to leeching crucible games to acquire items. Going for the stronghold set, have belt cause I could craft it no luck on gun or shield paired with what ever set has the mythical face guard of justice (yeah just have helm) amongst other items my items suck.

Wish theyíd let skill be a factor in bad guys and not the inevitable gear check (cause canít progress if rng isnít on your side). Currently in logy section of act4 just slow. Full clear of steps of torment no issue in death room, chaos dungeontook 2 hours for full clear no issues. Sentinel no problem, the mad queen nope dps fear check on that fight. The John bourbon clones, could tank them till the death and corrupted got into the mix. Final form and actually final form for to toe no problem just slow slow slow.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:25 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlanderDM View Post
I feel ya,
I have a pretty tanky tactician(gun and shield) 16k health only 10kdps. Rng has been terrible to me and will soon resort to leeching crucible games to acquire items. Going for the stronghold set, have belt cause I could craft it no luck on gun or shield paired with what ever set has the mythical face guard of justice (yeah just have helm) amongst other items my items suck.

Wish they’d let skill be a factor in bad guys and not the inevitable gear check (cause can’t progress if rng isn’t on your side). Currently in logy section of act4 just slow. Full clear of steps of torment no issue in death room, chaos dungeontook 2 hours for full clear no issues. Sentinel no problem, the mad queen nope dps fear check on that fight. The John bourbon clones, could tank them till the death and corrupted got into the mix. Final form and actually final form for to toe no problem just slow slow slow.
I have like 12 copies of the Stronghold set. If you are impatience I can give the items to you :P

It is about playing skills too you know, when you get more knowledge of the game you can play with crap and how to combine crap to become pretty good anyway. But this is the price you pay for being "too tanky" you do not kill stuff fast.

YouTube: malawiglenn
Old 02-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Supporter

Something I haven't seen mentioned in this thread is Blackwater Cocktail doing lots of hits and debuff to "pull" enemies from your allies. This is something we pet users learned when it came to trying to avoid getting aggro, when we saw our threat-gen specced pets lose aggro to a non-damaging Curse of Frailty.

So, just adding %retal to regular attacks/skills still means you have to pass the OA check to hit with those skills. It also changes the playstyle to match that of other builds.

Even though the retal/tank style is buffing/debuffing enemies. (buffing their attack speed, debuffing their damage and resists.)
Old 02-14-2019, 12:25 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
I have like 12 copies of the Stronghold set. If you are impatience I can give the items to you :P

It is about playing skills too you know, when you get more knowledge of the game you can play with crap and how to combine crap to become pretty good anyway. But this is the price you pay for being "too tanky" you do not kill stuff fast.
I donít mind waiting for a while to get items, after the new expansion pack comes out Iíll probably move away from this build for a while!

Typically if I beat the entire game, then completing a set or build becomes pointless and I end up deleting the character anyway.

I guess skill might have been the wrong choice of thought. Iíd like to see environmental advantages help kill the gear check bosses (mad queen). If I donít have the dps to negate her life leech even when not actively attacking her but my dots regin her itís pretty frustrating. How about having stalactites that you can trigger to fall on her and do massive damage. What if she had webs you could set fire to again burning her doing damage.

Iíve had plenty of builds that destroyed her but thatís because they were doing 20k+ damage. Cadence with gun boob boom skill is lack luster. Guns should be doing so much more damage than a club!! We use guns in war now cause they are far more deadly than a stick. Maybe with Forgotten Gods a new item the BFG9000 should be implemented!