Old 02-13-2019, 06:57 PM
Acolyte

Default Forgotten gods: content

Hello,

Grim dawn is one of the best games I have ever played, and I still enjoy creating new builds. But I am a bit confused by Forgotten Gods expansion content: no new level cap, no extra devotions points. Hard.

Luckily there are "shattered realms" and new items, which seem very promising, but I am afraid that would not be suficient in the long run.

I do agree with the the team on "the no parangon" policy, but imo the devotions points cap should be modified to enable players to create new builds.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Players will be able to create new builds because we're getting another mastery so 8 more classes, 9 new constellations 5 of which have celestial powers, new faction gear, movement runes, etc. We'll also be getting 3-4 more skill points from quests.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukiyo View Post
Hello,

Grim dawn is one of the best games I have ever played, and I still enjoy creating new builds. But I am a bit confused by Forgotten Gods expansion content: no new level cap, no extra devotions points. Hard.

Luckily there are "shattered realms" and new items, which seem very promising, but I am afraid that would not be suficient in the long run.

I do agree with the the team on "the no parangon" policy, but imo the devotions points cap should be modified to enable players to create new builds.
A new mastery will be added, the Oathkeeper. And there will be a handful new devotions to choose from.

Tell me when you have played all mastery combos, chars with single mastery, with all sets,... there is plenty to do in Grim Dawn.

YouTube: malawiglenn
Old 02-13-2019, 08:15 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukiyo View Post

The new movement augments add a whole new layer of build customization, with three new choices per char: which movement type to pick (teleport, leap, charge, etc.), what type of proc/damage it has, and what devotions (if any) to tie to it.

On your request for more devotion points, it will mean less trade-offs when making builds which actually can just as likely reduce build diversity as increase it. However, the xpac adds more devotions to pick from with the same number of points per char, which will definitely increase diversity .

As pointed out above, there will also be more skill points, which will add a bit more player power, but probably won't increase diversity that much.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:24 AM
Supporter

There is also a lot of new gear being added, new relics, new MI with significant skill mods. Shattered realm is only one aspect of FG, there are lot more story and side boss added with FG and more environment variety. With the extra variety of area and monsters GD comes very close to perfection.

FG is going to open up a lot more options for build diversity, probably hundreds or thousands of hours of playtime from that alone

I think you are one of the first people I’ve seen that is not watering at the mouth for FG

Last edited by idontwannaknow0; 02-14-2019 at 09:28 AM.