Old 03-29-2011, 07:08 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thander View Post
Crate work
Fixed it for ya!

Hitting enemies mid-air, lol
First smash them in the air, than follow up with a mighty smash skill.. can't wait.

Glad to read you guys aren't sacrificing fun for realism, but I already had that hunch. It's also good to know you're still enjoying the playthroughs, heh.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #92  
Old 03-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenmal View Post
Hey Medierra, (or any Crate employee)

Any chance on an ETA of the Alpha?

Just so I know when to put in my $48.00

A question on many people's minds... including our own! As you can see in the video, the core gameplay is quite far along but we still have a lot of content to build.

I updated the FAQ today to help answer this, at least in as far as we can provide an answer.

http://www.grimdawn.com/about_faq.php#q12
Old 03-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Advocate

Default Congrats!!

From what I've seen today, I think you've really nailed the ability to have fluid combat flow while keeping things dynamic and changing. I really really like the fast pace, the constant mobs, and the ability to keep moving from combat scene to combat scene (all without worrying about potions)!

I'm also very pleased with the mob mixes I saw. You've really expanded the drop and spawn potential past TQIT. GD is definitely looking like a first-class fast-paced ARPG that might actually get away with health pots.

One question: Does the same mechanic work for mana or will we be worrying about mana pots?

Dejnov.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
A question on many people's minds... including our own! As you can see in the video, the core gameplay is quite far along but we still have a lot of content to build.

I updated the FAQ today to help answer this, at least in as far as we can provide an answer.

http://www.grimdawn.com/about_faq.php#q12
Have you guys been taking lessons from Blizzard?

We think it will come out in 2011, no wait it won't, wait yes.. possibly.

*slams head on desk*

PC: Mount and Blade : Napoleonic Wars, League of Legends, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

PS3: ---

Waiting for: Grim Dawn, Warcraft 4.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Advocate

At this point I just want to know when alpha begins

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction"~ Blaise Pascal

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #96  
Old 03-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejnov View Post
One question: Does the same mechanic work for mana or will we be worrying about mana pots?

Dejnov.
For the most part, no... although it depends on your build. Energy doesn't fast-regen when not in combat like health but the base regen rate is much faster than TQ and putting points into spirit has a much greater energy-regen payoff than INT did in TQ. Also, putting points into spirit raises your energy pool at the same time. There is also the expected range of energy regen enhancing items to further bolster it if you either have a super energy-intensive caster or prefer to use equipment to boost regen over putting points into spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkenmal View Post
Have you guys been taking lessons from Blizzard?

We think it will come out in 2011, no wait it won't, wait yes.. possibly.

*slams head on desk*
yes
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Just so I know when to put in my $48.00
Why does it matter? If you put in now or later, it's still 48$. Might as well do it now to get it over with, don't pretend like you DON'T want it.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Counsel

How could have I missed it... To be honest, that attack at 0:34 is pretty ridiculous, in kind of a funny way.

It's like a shockwave is coming from the player's abs (or crotch) instantly to one-hit the enemy. It would look way cooler if the character actually performed some sort of sweeping strike that sends that wave flying instead of it instantly coming from... your body.

Ahh, now I can't get it off my head.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Initiate

looks amazing guys!!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Champion

OMG, I think I wet myself.

The video looks AWESOME!
But if I could nit-pick one thing, it would be that the gibs seem to be a little over the top. I personally don't mind gibs, and actually like it, but it seems a bit over-kill at times. I think the main reason for thinking this is because all the gib peaces look the same. it would be nice if there were some identifiable pieces in there, such as a hand or a foot with the bone sticking out, maybe some guts....something. As it is, it just looks like a bunch of indiscriminate & unidentifiable pieces that look all the same. I could understand it from the blob looking enemies, but not zombies and the like.
Making some of the gib peices look recognizable would add more immersion & look really cool.
Just saying.

^ But that's just my humble opinion anyway.

Still looks incredibly fun.

Tags
blood & gore, combat, destructible environments, health, loot, monsters, performance, skills, spawning, videos