Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 05-11-2017, 04:52 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tío_Angustia View Post
Hey, thanks a lot for this build! i started playing a few days ago and i couldn't find any up-to-date easy build to start with. I really appreciated the leveling tips too, i'll definetely try this build next week
I'm glad to hear this guide was useful. Best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotexe View Post
Hey, thank you so much for this! I have a question as someone who just started playing Grim Dawn for the first time. My prior experiences include D3 mostly and some D2 and dabbling in PoE, so I'm not completely clueless, but I'm wondering:

What gear secondary stats should I be looking for the most in upgrades while leveling? More +stats (cunning, spirit, physique, etc)? Resistances? OA/DA? In what order of importance, in other words.

I wish there could be perhaps a priority system for gearing listed prior to obtaining the key items you mention in the guide, but apart from that this is an amazing guide and I really appreciate it. I sympathize completely with your opening statement, in that browsing guides had me overwhelmed and feeling like things were way too current-player focused.
So first, welcome to the world of Cairn - PoE isn't a game I've played yet (though I've heard a lot about it) and D3 is very much a "drunken couch co-op" game among my circle of friends so I don't have very much knowledge of either!

A priority gearing guide sounds like a good idea; If I have time I'll add one to the gearing section of the guide here. Regarding upgrades while leveling, I wouldn't sweat it TOO much early on, but you want your resists to be positive (or at least as positive as possible) before entering Elite difficulty. In general, +attack speed, +OA, and +lightning damage are what you want to shoot for early on to boost our kill speeds...some bonus energy regen is also great since PS is a total energy hog.
Barnacle_Ed#1801 on Discord.

Current main: Ranged Lightning Savagery Elementalist
Currently leveling: DW Vitality Trickster
Old 05-18-2017, 01:12 AM
Initiate

Really enjoying this newbie friendly build but I'm having a pretty huge problem with damage right now. I'm level 55 in act 2 elite and still using the level 35 weapon Chosen Bolter. The tooltip says savagery is hitting for 3-5k and not sure if this is normal/low?

What can I do to increase damage?
Old 05-19-2017, 11:19 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concentration View Post
Really enjoying this newbie friendly build but I'm having a pretty huge problem with damage right now. I'm level 55 in act 2 elite and still using the level 35 weapon Chosen Bolter. The tooltip says savagery is hitting for 3-5k and not sure if this is normal/low?

What can I do to increase damage?
So first, don't worry TOO much about tooltip damage - the tooltip lies a bit.

That said, if you're finding your killtimes are way too long, you need to find a better weapon trade, vendors, oneshot chests and crucible runs are the easiest way to find one (in that order of preference) at that stage in the game.
Barnacle_Ed#1801 on Discord.

Current main: Ranged Lightning Savagery Elementalist
Currently leveling: DW Vitality Trickster
Old 05-22-2017, 02:28 AM
Initiate

Default Survivablility

Can you give a better guide for the gear you are using (what relic etc?) and an update on how far through ultimate you are?
My mate and i play as a duo, he is running this build and has none of the ultos set yet and while he was fine in elite, we've just got to homestead in ultimate and he's feeling really squishy.
what health are you running and whats your d/a and armor?
(his resists are all maxed)

Thanks
Old 05-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Initiate

Hey, thank you for this.
I just started playing Grim Dawn for the first time. I am used to games like this, i have played a lot of D3 some D2 and Torchlight II.
But I'm wondering about the gear, i am lvl 32 and just reached Homestead, i play on Veteran. I really enjoy the challange, but i feel like i am forced to play as ranged, because i can't tank the damage anymore, but i have only shit for drop in ranged weapon, i am looking foreward to the Chosen Bolter !!!

As a meele, I try to peel the groups apart before engaging, but it takes too long.
The sheet DPS i app. 1 K, Meele, i feel it is ok. the elemental resistance i around 50% but the poisen and especially bleeding is killing me.

Can you help with some sub goals like, OA, DA, DPS, HP and resistence for lvl 30/40/50/60/70 or something like that.??

Thanks

Tags
2-handers, elementalist, lightning, primal strike, savagery