Old 06-14-2016, 06:13 PM
Initiate

Question Poison/Acid build Occultist/Blademaster

So I'm looking for feedback on what you guys consider to be best in terms of skill points and devotion points for this kind of character.

Right now I'm at lvl 81 and it deals decent enough damage but I find myself getting quite easily one-shotted from bosses. Encountered my first nemesis and that fight was just totally pointless, tried 9 times before I gave up and quit the game.

At times, it feels rather squishy and there's really just one skill that can give you some ele res and that one is tied to a skill with cooldown. I'm starting to get decent gear on my guy but I'm still lacking a decent pair of pants and haven't found anything better than the slithtounge to roll with and I'm using that with a book since it's poison focued leggie with +1 to all skills (if I remember correctly).

How do you go on to make your character less squishy? Finding the BiS gear obviously becomes the ultimate factor at the highest difficulty but is there anything else I should consider?

I'll post back in about an hour with what I'm using so far in terms of skills and items but please feel free to add any general pointers anyways, thanks!
Old 06-14-2016, 06:25 PM
Praetorian

Look at witch hunter threads for skill points/devos quite a few of them. Just search for witch hunter in title, must be like 10 of them by now

WH aren't particularly tanky characters you are gonna want a lot in physique for the health and DA being crit fucking blows on chars with smaller or just passable health pools. Max aspect of the guardian for the phys resist and poison res

Obviously get your resists as high as they can go

edit: Don't forget possession

Last edited by TomoDaK; 06-14-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoDaK View Post
Look at witch hunter threads for skill points/devos quite a few of them. Just search for witch hunter in title, must be like 10 of them by now

WH aren't particularly tanky characters you are gonna want a lot in physique for the health and DA being crit fucking blows on chars with smaller or just passable health pools. Max aspect of the guardian for the phys resist and poison res

Obviously get your resists as high as they can go

edit: Don't forget possession
Thanks, I guess I should have thought of that first However I was looking more for general pointers, most builds I've come across doesn't roll with the current combo, seems to be Occultist/Shaman or Soldier.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Counsel

I have currently dropped my other builds, I play the WH almost exclusively now. We have a ton of health regen ( I am currently at 680 during combat with Giant's Blood running ), which can help to offset incoming damage. As Tomo mentioned though, we are prone to spiky critical hits. I can hit 1950 defensive ability on mine, which is a tad under where I want to be. I find 2100 or so to be the sweet spot for survivability.

I am also currently using a 7% Lifegiver's Signet, as well as a Rift Scourge Slicer of Voracity with 6% life steal as well. I am looking for one more similar Rift Scourge slicer to go with this one, which should add another 5-6% life steal.

We do also have Blade Barrier in a pinch if need be.
Closed Thread

Tags
blademaster, build, devotion, occultist, poison