Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 11:00 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoDaK View Post
1. All damage
2. Yeah. Generally you just 1 point it cause you get 13 free points or w/e with end game gear so why not. The flat damage it offers really doesn't do anything when it's on a long cooldown. I always use it when leveling though
3. +Occultist/curse on gear will buff it up on it's own. You also really only need it for bosses or tanky heroes. If use mark of dreeg skill to proc tainted eruption (abomination) it kills any normal monster w/o a curse cast. You may find use for the slow early and bigger aoe early on though
4. Pox is great for proc against mobs, not so much against single target. Solael's witchblade is a entirely useless constellation for this build though, even if you put destruction to high level you will be doing very little chaos damage and 0 fire damage. % HP damage doesn't really do a whole lot. Enemies gain resistance to it and bosses become entirely immune to it later
5. Yes it helps aoe (especially early) and adds a nice amount to your dot. Also there's just the fact that there is nothing better to put points into
6. Certain single class can be viable with gear, but for some classes it's really really tough as they are just too squishy or miss really key skills from secondary class. I don't see the big deal though, all you do in mostly is gimp yourself for no real reason
7. I've never seen them listed anywhere. Just play it cause it's more fun unless you wanna level as fast as possible then go normal
How come you won't be dealing Chaos / Fire? Sigil, Doom Bolt, Daemon + Solael's Witchblade constellations, Abom gives chaos too(I think), but at the amount of Acid / Poison ofc...

That's the whole point. There isn't a single enemy that can counter this with resistance. But damage reflect...meh.
Old 11-27-2016, 11:20 PM
Praetorian

You gear just won't support it. I have all the high end poison acid shit and I end up with like 250% chaos or something compared to 1500-2000% acid/poison, my fire % might as well be 0. 24 points is much better spent in buffs/debuffs/mastery bar. Doom bolt is a poop spell esp for this build, doesn't do shit for damage and it's a longggg cooldown. It's good early on to nuke some shit, but it's quite useless later on.

The chaos part of abomination doesn't do much for us. The chaos skill on the right side gives a nice health boost, but the damage part is pretty wasted since we don't do a lot of chaos damage and a lot of the value of the skill comes from the flat chaos damage and phy->chaos conversion neither of which we utilize at all

Last edited by TomoDaK; 11-27-2016 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:26 PM
Supporter

Ok, any way to make a Chaos focused Occultist?
Old 11-28-2016, 09:23 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrwd View Post
Sure, I am rocking a Chaos/Acid WH atm. Focus is heavily on Chaos and he farms Nemesis 24/7. Fang of Ch'thon, Master's Spellblade, Voidsteel Gauntlets and Entropic Coil is BiS imo. Plays smooth as silk.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Advocate

So, maybe this isn't the right thread for it, but here are some screenshots, Grimcalc + Devotions and a killvideo vs Fabius.

Grimcalc+Devotion

Kill vs. Fabius within 20 sec. Not the fastest kill since I messed up BB and CoF a bit, but still decent. Ignore the background sounds, forgot to mute the mic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161129151036_1.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	12934   Click image for larger version

Name:	20161129151055_1.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	12935  
Old 11-29-2016, 02:59 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrwd View Post
You can go with NB as your second like Jägermeister said, but if you dont mind to take some other class to support ocultist and want to go chaos dmg, pyromancer is slightly better option imo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chaos pyro.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	12936  
Old 11-29-2016, 03:10 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
You can go with NB as your second like Jägermeister said, but if you dont mind to take some other class to support ocultist and want to go chaos dmg, pyromancer is slightly better option imo.
Nice toon. I tested dw Pyro with higher dmg (brimstone ftw) but it felt squishy as hell despite Blastshield and you are missing all the acid WPS procs from NB line (got fire instead). It simply felt not that fluid in the overall gameplay though. But it's a good alternative for Chaos builds.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jägermeister View Post
Nice toon. I tested dw Pyro with higher dmg (brimstone ftw) but it felt squishy as hell despite Blastshield and you are missing all the acid WPS procs from NB line (got fire instead). It simply felt not that fluid in the overall gameplay though. But it's a good alternative for Chaos builds.
Thx If you put two scaled hides for better armor adsorption its not squishy at all It can facetank Mad Queen with no issues.
This pic was w/o hungering void, (although is up 100% of time in fights due to time dilatation) with it dmg goes over 62k and its skyrockets your crit also.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Advocate

Hmm, now you made me curious. I might give it another try this weekend with new devotions. God, than i have to equip this guy again, fml.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:09 PM
Supporter

My Occultist sadly died in HC due to one of those Kymon's Chosen bosses at Ft.Haron(or whatever, NOT Fort Ikon, mind you!) just blinking towards me and murdering me epic(yeah, I was fooling around with Fevered Rage, aka "DEATHWISH"). Twas..."what was that...oh, right, dead lol". Guess I'll make another one some time.

Was Fevered Rage nerfed or tampered with? Because the tooltip mentions that "...more than doubling its damage", yet the only thing doubled is hp reduction(useless if something murders you silly) while the total damage is increased by 25%? Am I missing something? I mean...

Also, why can't you LMB with Pox(especially with FR...it has no cd, hello)? It ruins the ergonomy of a build I'd want to play...
Closed Thread

Tags
build, nightblade, occultist, poison, witch hunter