Old 03-25-2016, 07:53 PM
Banned User

Default Its fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedust View Post
Got the game 2 weeks ago and i had some fun with the min-maxing. Today I wanted to build a new because hero of many reasons like stash full of blue's, some items that can make a build etc. I started a new hero and i was surprised to find out that the fact that i already finished the game on all 3 difficulties I have no helpful incentive to make a new hero, cause the XP grind will be just as long, so I stopped playing. The point of this topic is the following:
If devs see this thread pls think about some of the following suggestions:

1. Please add some stuff to make leveling new heroes faster the second time. There are so many ways to do this. You pick one. I like to go for item grinding, but I will never be able to go for XP grinding, mindless grinding to increase a number. The first time is ok to learn the game, learn the lore, second time in the second difficulty level it already starts to get boring , 3'rd time in the same content in the third difficulty level, is boring as f#, but i can take it, since I end up in the late part of the game, but the 4'th time starting from scratch is just painful, not for me.

2. Remove the stash limit. After-all this is a game about loot in the end, so let me be a loot hoarder without the need for third party software or file tempering . I don't get what devs perceive as constructive, to force me to waste time min-maxing my stash items instead of playing the game, or even force me to throw stuff cause I have no more space in the stash. Diablo 3 does the same, and this made me so mad last season that i actually quit playing. And if the Diablo devs could use the fact that items are stored on the servers as a very lame excuse (don't know if they did but i don't see any better excuse then this), for grim dawn items are stored on my disk. Also, from a developing perspective, should be really easy to remove that limit. So ... please do it.

3. Make the iron available on account instead of hero. You could argue anything to not do this, but I don't think any argument will hold. The economy of the game is not that solid, and even if it was a solid economy like path of exile, that will only make it event better to share the currency on account level. Also this together with other design decisions can fix the first suggestion.

You have a good game, don't let useless time wasting design decisions ruin it, just to forcefully inflate the time spent in game, for those players who can take the pain. You should know that most of your customer will not have the time/will to level more the 1 maybe 2 heroes like this, since there will always be other games to switch to.

Well that was a long one. Don't think anyone will read it all but if you read this, sorry if you think i wasted your time

Its fine the way it is, the devs made it balanced in the xp fact. with the gear dropping and the xp there is a balance, farm to get the gear to go on, at the same time you get xp. also you can multiplay and help with the area you are having trouble with, which you would have been able to pass if you grinded for the xp and gear. So its a balance, right now I am grinding for gear at the same time getting xp to fight the warden, but also to fight the boss at the chithonan hideout. There is a big area to grind for xp and gear, also I can go to the warden grind there before fighting the warden, and the boss at the chithonian hideout, the xp is fine.

Also iron is easy to get while your grinding pick up everything, that is what I do, and I get lots of iron in little time.

Last edited by GdanteCO14; 03-25-2016 at 07:56 PM. Reason: add something
Old 03-25-2016, 07:55 PM
Banned User

Default Not lvl 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrach View Post
They've already implemented some anti grind measures for New characters. The reputation scrolls you can buy to bypass the bounty grind. If they add exp pots to the highest reputation rank, that could work. But in all honesty they should be capped at level 50, any level above 50 has to be earned.

If they do add xp pots which they shouldnt, it should be capped at 30 not 50.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:42 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumnraisin View Post
Not trying to be a jerk, seriously. But faster for some does not mean faster for all. If this was implemented in the same way that the reputation scrolls are already, it could easily be done on a character by character basis. No-one would be forced to do it. Not all alts would have to use it.

I would wholeheartedly endorse a level cap of say 50 before it stops working also.
In my own personal experience, the only build i would have used it on would have been my retaliation tank (extremely boring to level until around 50)

Maybe i go overboard when trying to look at things from all angles, but i just don't see that this would be a bad thing. hmm.
Anyway. Discussion is good. Especially this one!. I like that this has not turned into a flamewar

Have a happy Easter. Don't eat too much chocolate.

Stay safe!

John
Just give up, like I did. Some ppl don't get the idea of having options, or maybe are just trolling. in any case I think iif the devs got the message, they will do something about it, if not, to bad, cause I was enjoying the game, and i would love to experience more builds, but atm i don't have the 50h+ to level an other hero so PoE it is for me ...

PS: Have a happy Easter!
Old 03-25-2016, 08:55 PM
Herald

Why is it always about how fast? If it is a great game, take your time, enjoy it.

Myself, I play 2-3 hours a day, sometimes more on weekends, and I find that the 3 characters at lvl 85 and a couple at 40, plus a couple hardcore characters have leveled up quite nicely. Not to mention the time I take to farm around for materials.

Unfortunately, this is not D3. You don't get to be power levelled to max in a few hours. You need to enjoy the game, have fun, and enjoy the game some more.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:40 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartsAJ View Post
Why is it always about how fast? If it is a great game, take your time, enjoy it.

Myself, I play 2-3 hours a day, sometimes more on weekends, and I find that the 3 characters at lvl 85 and a couple at 40, plus a couple hardcore characters have leveled up quite nicely. Not to mention the time I take to farm around for materials.

Unfortunately, this is not D3. You don't get to be power levelled to max in a few hours. You need to enjoy the game, have fun, and enjoy the game some more.
There's nothing unfortunate about this game not being D3, be thankful, I am. The game is fine as it is, and I can't believe this thread is still going on.

Mod tools will be out soon enough for people to create any mod necessary for others to play the game as they wish, why make a suggestion to change the main game so everyone would be stuck with a few players subjective opinion of what they think would improve the game?

Just die thread.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Advocate

Leveling in GD is actually quite fast and i am very happy with the pace.

My problem is that i wish there was a much higher lvl cap - here is hoping for the expansions that they raise the cap with 20-25 more levels which take ages to get to (or something like prestige classes ala PoE latest expansion).
Closed Thread