Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-10-2018, 03:43 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
I didn't pursue it, I just wanted to get you more OA and not loose any of that %cold damage and Ultos was in the way and I thought it can't hurt. I am not sure if Benemoth or Wayward soul proc really do shit for high level crucible, cuz, ok, you get healed for less than 20% of your HP every 15 seconds, to me it's not even drop in a water when I play my casters/kiters. If you heal from ADTCH, then you can squeeze in bat there or squeeze in Restless Remains.
The build Will actually lose its DPS when kiting. You want to stand still while putting multiple RoH, raining devastation above you, and shotgunning with chillspikes in the enemy face. I don't spend any of my run with kiting, except for some extreme condition like I describe in OP. Note that the most powerful RoH damage is on the center of the rune due to shotgunning effect.
So with that devotion setup, I will need to squeeze some adcth.

Damn, I really need to record some of my gameplay, my PC get slowed down significantly though, because I am still using Windows 7. Maybe sirspanks can help me on this... 😏

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 03:57 AM
Champion

I know itís super overused - but what about aeonís for double devastation?

With alkamos rings + chilling grips, you can also consider assassin. The shotgun proc it offers is incredible. I know you can bind it to seal and have it very consistently shotgun enemies, but Iím not sure if the 16% WD on it will be wasted.

Is seal considered a player-scaled pet?

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Old 08-10-2018, 04:11 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejabrixone View Post
The build Will actually lose its DPS when kiting. You want to stand still while putting multiple RoH, raining devastation above you, and shotgunning with chillspikes in the enemy face. I don't spend any of my run with kiting, except for some extreme condition like I describe in OP. Note that the most powerful RoH damage is on the center of the rune due to shotgunning effect.
So with that devotion setup, I will need to squeeze some adcth.

Damn, I really need to record some of my gameplay, my PC get slowed down significantly though, because I am still using Windows 7. Maybe sirspanks can help me on this... ��

Well if 3% ADCtH saved you from kiting, here you go. Now you've lost ~60% cold damage compared your original setup which is like 3% damage loss but you still gained 220 OA/5% crit damage/some more elemental damage AND Ultos proc. Can't be worse than your setup, can it now.

EDIT: It's actually less than 60% cold damage loss, more like 30% since with my setup you are getting 65 more spirit.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:49 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
I know itís super overused - but what about aeonís for double devastation?

With alkamos rings + chilling grips, you can also consider assassin. The shotgun proc it offers is incredible. I know you can bind it to seal and have it very consistently shotgun enemies, but Iím not sure if the 16% WD on it will be wasted.

Is seal considered a player-scaled pet?
Double devastation is very possible. I am theorycrafted aether version of the build using that. RoH damage is reduced though. There are many things in the build we can explore I see.

Seal is player-scaled pets. I don't know if "rebuke" count as weapon damage of the seal. Need korsar to verify. If they scale to player's WD, The weapon damage sheet in the build is miniscule, but 4608 flat Pierce damage sounds awesome.

Quote:
Well if 3% ADCtH saved you from kiting, here you go. Now you've lost ~60% cold damage compared your original setup which is like 3% damage loss but you still gained 220 OA/5% crit damage/some more elemental damage AND Ultos proc. Can't be worse than your setup, can it now.

EDIT: It's actually less than 60% cold damage loss, more like 30% since with my setup you are getting 65 more spirit.
Looks good. Will need to check for its survivability, offense wise is obviously stronger. Many thanks...

Old 08-10-2018, 05:31 AM
Herald

Guys, that info is outdated.
Celestial powers with % WD bound to pseudo-pets deal player's weapon damage and heal you if you have ADCtH
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:43 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
Guys, that info is outdated.
Celestial powers with % WD bound to pseudo-pets deal player's weapon damage and heal you if you have ADCtH
#moneyinthebank

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Old 11-28-2018, 05:12 PM
Advocate

Big update!!!!!!!!!!

I got an interrogator's prefix with +3 aura of Censure on Ascendant Hood!!!!! So I decided to revisit this build with my current experience.

The build is now a crazy killing machine that can consistently do 3 set of 151+ crucible!!
Old 11-28-2018, 10:11 PM
Champion

I liked that build before and I like it even more now. Although, you could take Ultos instead of meteors for more adtch and cold damage! (also, I know gloves convert pierce blah blah blah, but they are so horrible otherwise )
Old 11-28-2018, 11:07 PM
Advocate

Quote:
I liked that build before and I like it even more now. Although, you could take Ultos instead of meteors for more adtch and cold damage! (also, I know gloves convert pierce blah blah blah, but they are so horrible otherwise )
The devastation got more fire damage though. So I am trying to find balance. Also, meteor + devastation is always a spectacle to look at .

You are right regarding the gloves. I think we can use ignaffar's gloves instead for more casting speed, but plus to biting cold is just so nice..

Old 11-29-2018, 12:50 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejabrixone View Post
The devastation got more fire damage though. So I am trying to find balance. Also, meteor + devastation is always a spectacle to look at .

You are right regarding the gloves. I think we can use ignaffar's gloves instead for more casting speed, but plus to biting cold is just so nice..

Wyrmbornes might perform as well or better because of their stats.

Tags
caster, cold, devastation, mage hunter, rune of hagarrad