Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 05-14-2018, 10:24 AM
Champion

Grimtools link added. Just got home after a long day and I only found the time now. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
It wont happen for sure
Now in all seriousness dont let things like that stop you, no one puts ˝™˝ or ˝©˝ on build guide, feel free to update, post your version or w/e, when ever you want.

Build looks solid and Im glad that concept is more than viable, only thing that crosses my mind in terms of dps increase is changing off hand to Mythical Consumption of Agrivix it should effectively increase your burn dots potential, specially inferno, for large margin.
Thanks! That meant so much coming from you. On M. Consumption of Agrivix, I used it before 170 was released and it was great. Should still be great now and I will definitely switch to it if I wanted more damage but I'm more than satisfied with the build's current performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
I also like herald of blazing ends, although it seems wildly unpopular even after WF was again nerfed and Blazing ends buffed
Imo, herald could be BiS for spam BWC along with that yellow book. I already have a theorycrafted build for that so only testing is needed for now. I do think the RR loss from not using Warpfire is big and a BWC build using herald will want to overcap Agonizing Flames and Thermites and use a Combustion Band if it can.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Loled

Quote:
It does actually. But shouldn't MToAW be BiS for Crucible 170? Agrivix is MC only right?
Sry I didnt noticed this earlier

I dont think so, crucible cant be that hard now
Old 05-14-2018, 10:31 AM
Praetorian

Quote:

Imo, herald could be BiS for spam BWC along with that yellow book. I already have a theorycrafted build for that so only testing is needed for now. I do think the RR loss from not using Warpfire is big and a BWC build using herald will want to overcap Agonizing Flames and Thermites and use a Combustion Band if it can.
All this weapon needs is 3 sec CD max on proc. Brimstone has several projectiles at once so more chances to crit with burn but herald has just one so should have less CD
Old 05-14-2018, 10:31 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Good, I hope now people who call IK Set weak would shut up
Someone was calling IK weak? That would be the most amusing thing I heard this decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
Maybe, but I dont think so

To be honest I would love to, even to post a build or smth, but in all seriousness I really doubt, cant make my self install GD back, much less anything else

But I do enjoy occasional chatting with you guys and I guess you dont mind former GDholick hanging with you still addicted
You chose to end your suffering? Understandable!
Old 05-14-2018, 10:33 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokarr View Post
Someone was calling IK weak? That would be the most amusing thing I heard this decade.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showt...t=underpowered

This was the one I remember
Old 05-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
One post out of the whole thread? That's disappointing!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Initiate

Really enjoying this build thank you!

Quick question: Any reason you do not throw some extra points into canister bomb for another burn source? Or do you find you don't need the extra damage?

Thanks!
Old 05-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserkjay View Post
Really enjoying this build thank you!

Quick question: Any reason you do not throw some extra points into canister bomb for another burn source? Or do you find you don't need the extra damage?

Thanks!
You can and it would be a good dps boost, but for me it's one more button. Also, I really wanted to hit 3k DA and with my setuo I barely scraped that number. Removing points from mastery would lower my DA. That's also the reason why I'm not using mythical consumption of Agrivix
Old 05-15-2018, 03:50 PM
Champion

Hey,

I've made a beastly sorc bwc/cataclysm hybrid few months ago. Maybe my devotion map will help you

Also, Korvaak's Deception is an insanely strong medal, huge source of Burn and a mobility skill as well.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:16 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Hey,

I've made a beastly sorc bwc/cataclysm hybrid few months ago. Maybe my devotion map will help you

Also, Korvaak's Deception is an insanely strong medal, huge source of Burn and a mobility skill as well.
Don't know about the devo route. We're accomplishing different goals in our devotions. TD aside, you picked absorb (phoenix) and stats (harp) I prefer my HP and heals.

As for Korvaak, I think it's beter suited for more offensive setups (with meteor). Eternity is now a bigger help on damage than before because of the nerfs. More cdr = more Bwc = more flame torrents, which is how we make up for the nerfs. Also, I don't think I need a mobility skill for this setup. Because of the nerfs ( ) I wouldn't want to move too far away from enemies so that I can reapply burns easily. Also, most of the time, I don't need to come close to enemies cause most of them are fast enough to come to me instead (at dead). I do agree that Korvaak is better for stats.

Tags
blackwater cocktail, crucible, gladiator, sorcerer