Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-21-2018, 03:18 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1x1x1x2 View Post
I think you should start thinking about devastation. My infernal knight sorc now clears in 9 min (bannered but with more than usual lag because fire build + devastation) just from adding devastation. I know it's a cheap way to boost your damage but it's some good shit.
I tried this build with Devastation long ago, it's not that effective here. Swapped to Canister Bomb for that reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
Grim Tools link seems to be broken by the formatting.

For anyone lazy enough to view the source: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqKjY82
Thanks, fixed!
Old 10-23-2018, 10:33 PM
Initiate

Thanks a lot for this build! I recently came back to GD and hadn't played since Vanilla, and it really seemed like my main character was not gonna be of use anymore. I couldn't find any cool/viable seeming sorc builds, until I saw this one (and I really don't have the time to theorycraft a build myself). This one seems very strong, and matches the way I want to play!

However, I currently have literally 0 of the gear pieces you are using (except for a non-mythical Warpfire). Do you think it's already worth it to respec to your setup of attributes/devotion/skills, or does this build require one or multiple of the items to work properly? If so: which ones? I'm currently still spec'd as an Albrecht's Aether Ray sorc, and it feels a bit underwhelming in AoM and even more so in Crucible.

Finally: would you be willing to craft (some of) the craftable gear pieces for me? I don't have the mats for everything yet, but will work on collecting them. If I know I can get some of the items in that way, I'll also start to try and trade for the others on the forums.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:23 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
Thanks a lot for this build! I recently came back to GD and hadn't played since Vanilla, and it really seemed like my main character was not gonna be of use anymore. I couldn't find any cool/viable seeming sorc builds, until I saw this one (and I really don't have the time to theorycraft a build myself). This one seems very strong, and matches the way I want to play!

However, I currently have literally 0 of the gear pieces you are using (except for a non-mythical Warpfire). Do you think it's already worth it to respec to your setup of attributes/devotion/skills, or does this build require one or multiple of the items to work properly? If so: which ones? I'm currently still spec'd as an Albrecht's Aether Ray sorc, and it feels a bit underwhelming in AoM and even more so in Crucible.

Finally: would you be willing to craft (some of) the craftable gear pieces for me? I don't have the mats for everything yet, but will work on collecting them. If I know I can get some of the items in that way, I'll also start to try and trade for the others on the forums.
This build is not as gear-dependant really, you can swap shoulders and chest for Infernal Knight items or pants for anything to patch your resists or boots to anything really. There is no real core item or core set of items to this build except maybe cataclysm set. But this set of items allows the build to be extra sturdy and extra versatile with components (notice armor absorb bonus from two pieces of Justicar), and I spend a lot of time making this Sorc work and sorcs are not in a good place right now in general.

And yes, add me in steam: mad_lee, I will craft pieces from the build for free, just prepare iron bits/mats that are needed for the crafts themselves (you can look them up on grim wiki or grimtools or whenever).
Old 10-24-2018, 12:11 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
This build is not as gear-dependant really, you can swap shoulders and chest for Infernal Knight items or pants for anything to patch your resists or boots to anything really. There is no real core item or core set of items to this build except maybe cataclysm set. But this set of items allows the build to be extra sturdy and extra versatile with components (notice armor absorb bonus from two pieces of Justicar), and I spend a lot of time making this Sorc work and sorcs are not in a good place right now in general.

And yes, add me in steam: mad_lee, I will craft pieces from the build for free, just prepare iron bits/mats that are needed for the crafts themselves (you can look them up on grim wiki or grimtools or whenever).
Thanks a lot, really appreciate your help! I added you on Steam (at least: if you're the mad_lee from Moscow), my nick on there is jonne3. Currently have mats ready for: Cataclysm's Pact, Mythical Wyrmbone Handguards & a Seal of Destruction.

Gonna work on getting the required stuff for Korvaak's Deception, as that ability seems very cool. But gonna have to farm a lot more Blood of Ch'tons for that.

Tags
sorcerer