Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 02-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Speaker

Default i am running this build also

I have also fun with this build, still in normal close to 60 pretty nice dmg and good survival(offhand shield).
Getting closer to 60.....wil get to the expension before elite

Thanks for the awesome build and explanation......
Old 02-12-2018, 02:24 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIXtreme View Post
I really like it so far. Feels pretty strong and safe in the same time. lvl 52 now. We Will see how i do in elite.
THx for posting this.
If u do a rewamp then pretty pls post it here also, even if no one except me seems interested

Greetings. have a nice weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroni1976 View Post
I have also fun with this build, still in normal close to 60 pretty nice dmg and good survival(offhand shield).
Getting closer to 60.....wil get to the expension before elite

Thanks for the awesome build and explanation......
Glad to see you are enjoying it! That's really why I posted it as I was having so much fun with it and wanted to put it out there since I feel like most caster builds rely on higher CD skills with small AoEs. That can be fun too, but I really enjoy the Conjurer play style, glad you two do as well.

Tonight or tomorrow, time permitting, I am going to write up a refactor I have been testing, as well as suggest a few other alternatives. The skills and play style are the same but some items are different. I am going to keep the current build available too though as I like that it uses a lot of faction gear, non mythical items, and no major greens but can still do through challenger 150. I think it will be good to have a fairly easily obtainable item version out there, as some higher end builds that are all rare high end items can be daunting to get started.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Old 02-15-2018, 07:56 AM
Supporter

Default 2.0!

Big update on itemization! The skills are largely the same with some small adjustments for differing plus skills. I still really like the original build, but the Wildblood Vanguard set just fits so perfectly that it's hard to resist. I am going to continue to test this current build and will also reevaluate when 1.0.5.0 comes out. At the present though I am enjoying farming with it. Thanks to everyone that has contributed!
Old 02-19-2018, 08:35 AM
Speaker

I am still realy enjoy this build!!

Levvel 65 in Elite, realy nice dps(most of trash (Cof and Vines)
Bosses and elite a bit of kiting,poxing swarming realy nice.

Tanky nice dps and mobility!!
Old 02-21-2018, 10:24 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroni1976 View Post
I am still realy enjoy this build!!

Levvel 65 in Elite, realy nice dps(most of trash (Cof and Vines)
Bosses and elite a bit of kiting,poxing swarming realy nice.

Tanky nice dps and mobility!!
Glad to hear it! I am enjoying it too. Plus the build just got a nice bump from 1.0.5.0
Old 02-21-2018, 10:28 PM
Supporter

Default 1.0.5.0

Hooray! I will do will do a lengthier write up later but the newest patch was a big buff for this build. The changes to Wildheart added a lot of damage to Vines and Swarm and the Rattosh buff looks pretty substantial. There are also several smaller buffs that will be very helpful. Thanks to everyone who has tried the build and given feedback.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:16 AM
Supporter

Default 1.0.5.0 discussion

Here are the relevant 1.0.5.0 changes, and they are quite nice for this build:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Legendary Items
  • Mythical Eldritch Gaze: added 30% Aether Resist, removed % Poison Resist
  • Mythical Wildblood Crusher: added 50 Vitality damage modifier for Grasping Vines and a 40 Vitality damage modifier for Devouring Swarm
  • Valguur's Raiment: replaced bonus to Blood Pact with +2 to Storm Totem
  • Valguur's Touch: replaced bonus to Wendigo Totem with +2 to Storm Totem
  • Wildheart Vanguard: added 90 Bleed damage / 1s modifier for Devouring Swarm
Devotion
  • Mark of Rattosh: increased Aether and Vitality damage scaling with rank. Increased % Vitality Resist Reduction to -25% by max rank.
Following the order of the list above, my comments:
-The change of resistance type on Eldritch Gaze is welcome as poison resist is far easier to come by than aether.
-The added damage on Wildblood Crusher is awesome! On my character this amounts to over 900 extra damage to Devouring Swarm and over 1,100 to Grasping Vines.
-The Raiment and Touch changes make Storm Totems a lot more attractive optional skill.
-Even more damage to Devouring Swarm. On my character this adds about 1800 damage to Devouring Swarm. The skill is a big part of the build anyway so extra damage is great!
-I am not sure how much the damage of Mark of Rattosh was raised, but it seems that it was quite a bit as before I remember it doing significantly less total damage than Wendigo's Mark, but now it does more, and of course more stackable resistance reduction is helpful.

Besides those build specific changes, the Runebound Topaz change didn't seem to change my DA much, and the nerf to Crucible will likely be helpful, though I have not tested this much. I hope you all are still enjoying the build!
Old 02-27-2018, 07:44 AM
Speaker

Would be great to have a more detailed leveling section; additionally, comment on tough single-targets. I ran a build similar to this ~1 year ago and it wasn't end-game viable because it lacked single target damage and survivability for charging bosses. Curious how this performs, but already having issues with tougher bosses - constant kiting, etc.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:27 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requnix View Post
Would be great to have a more detailed leveling section; additionally, comment on tough single-targets. I ran a build similar to this ~1 year ago and it wasn't end-game viable because it lacked single target damage and survivability for charging bosses. Curious how this performs, but already having issues with tougher bosses - constant kiting, etc.
I will look at the leveling section in the next few days to hopefully expand it. Anything in particular you are looking for?

A similar build from a year ago would be a lot different. AoM added significant support for this build in itemization including faction gear, augments, and sets. 1.0.5.0 also buffed the damage of this build significantly.

I found the damage to be fine even before equipping Wildblood Vanguard, but after equipping the set the damage goes way higher, even with just the weapon. It's definitely end game viable. On the toughest enemies I hit them with everything and they go down pretty quick. Devotions and item on attack abilities help supplement your class skills.

I can do Gladiator 150 and campaign farming content hasn't given me any survival issues. It's definitely not a super tanky build, but with OA shred the DA is enough and it has high sustain with adcth on Grasping Vines and Wendigo's Mark. I run with max all resists and over 14k health too.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope that answered your questions!
Old 02-27-2018, 06:47 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beoron View Post
I will look at the leveling section in the next few days to hopefully expand it. Anything in particular you are looking for?
Thanks for the response, Beoron! As somebody who leaves the game for 3-4 months then jumps back in, even though I've been playing since Alpha, it's easy to forget some of the "norms" relative to leveling, components, relics, etc. What I recommend is this:
  1. List components that are solid for bleed/vit (during leveling).
  2. Alternative Relic(s) to Hysteria, and what to use prior to end-game relic.
  3. Recommend skills to go for first relative to survival (e.g. sigil/totem vs. dreeg). A recommended guide order would be great.
  4. Complete devotion order from beginning to end broken down in a list like this (you have it in sentence format, but easier to read in list format).
  5. Advice for those who don't have the legendaries yet (possible alternatives).
  6. Details on bleed vs. vit damage while leveling; what to focus on.

BTW this is one of the best guides (with leveling) I've seen: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65775

Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Requnix; 02-27-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Tags
aoe, caster, conjurer, sustain