Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-22-2017, 10:45 AM
Praetorian

Siphon Souls reduces OA, not DA. But yeah, Spellbinder is a better combo for this type of build in my opinion but that's not to say Sorcerer is complete trash in this build. It still works perfectly fine and it's viable.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:14 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by korsar View Post
Had 48 HP at this moment, it was close
Nice build, man! But try not to use so large thread picture. 1100 pixels width max.
Did that

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
So you finally decided what to do wit your sorcerer, nice

Some things worth considering: try to increase your ADCTH it will give you more survivability, changing weapon to decree of Aldrich will give you ~100% fire to aether conversion (you have about 75% now, gap in c speed can be filed using aethereach gloves or some other with high CS value), try to increase your OA by going SotH devo route.
ADcTH might help some, and I am considering adding on switch setup with Haunted Steel instead of Wrathstone. My problem with it is that build is killing Crucible Gladiator without it just fine, and versus toughest bosses like Grava'Thul I don't think it would help facetanking them anyway. But I might try. I don't have a decree but on paper it looks worse then Wrath of the Ascendant and I explained why in my guide. Did not go Spear of Heavens route because I wanted to stack more Defensive Ability to compensate to for sorcerer's weaknesses in melee combat so I went with Attack Seru, the Mirage. Plus with monster's DA shred from Flashbang and weapon proc 2760 OA with no buffs is more than enough.

Thanks for all the responses, more videos are coming.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:36 AM
Initiate

I just bought the expansion and the character I want to build is the one that I enjoyed playing most before. Callidor's Tempest that is. So Arcanist is a must. I've played Battlemage before and was wondering what's a good class combo. So you say, that necro hands down wins?
Old 11-23-2017, 02:54 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by macexor View Post
I just bought the expansion and the character I want to build is the one that I enjoyed playing most before. Callidor's Tempest that is. So Arcanist is a must. I've played Battlemage before and was wondering what's a good class combo. So you say, that necro hands down wins?
He should be better for this build, yes, but I am not sure if difference is that big. He might get nerfed tho since everybody keeps screaming how op he is for Aether.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:54 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
He might get nerfed tho since everybody keeps screaming how op he is for Aether.
Its like screaming that shaman is op for lightning or ocultist for poison. ffs
Old 11-24-2017, 12:25 PM
Initiate

hello mate can you give some advices about leveling which skills to get first and devotions pls ?
Old 11-24-2017, 01:00 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Its like screaming that shaman is op for lightning or ocultist for poison. ffs
I don't mind Necromancer mastery being so strong. It's just sad that sorcerers are now only best in BWC builds when before expac they had much more to offer.

Although I am still not 100% convinced that Spellbinder is better here, because sorcerers do have Flashbang/Blast Shield/Transmuted BWC and Vindictive Flame on steroids from Agrivix set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zortlak View Post
hello mate can you give some advices about leveling which skills to get first and devotions pls ?
Level Arcanist, it's easy. Use skill from Searing Ember, then skill from Flintcore Bolts, combine it with Olexra's Flesh Freeze, don't forget to put points in mastery bar early.

Devotion route is straight forward here, no need to add then delete whole constellations. Just add stuff as soon as you have enough points and remove points from Crossroads when you no longer need them. Like you can go 1 point in Blue Crossroads > Eel > 1 point in Green Crossroads > Hawk > Toad > Widow > Quill > Okklaine's Lanter > 1 point in Yellow Crossroads > Bard's Harp > Solemn Watcher > Remove points from Crossroads > Crab > Throne > Attack Seru.
Old 11-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Initiate

thank you very much for fast reply mate.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:18 PM
Praetorian

Nice build!

I'm glad to see more Sorcerers showing up in higher levels!
Old 11-26-2017, 07:08 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOverclocked View Post
Nice build!

I'm glad to see more Sorcerers showing up in higher levels!
Thanks!

Added a couple of videos: Grava'Thul fight and Kubacabra (Kuba kill could be faster, played it too safe).

Tags
sorcerer