Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Vindaloo Vindaloo is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Question

WolfOverclocked, have you tried using the Blind Sage constellation? I have been using it on my AAR Sorceress and I really like it.

The Elemental Seekers add quite a bit of damage and also act like a form of AoE, hitting additional targets and stunning them. The energy burn is also useful on those big aetherial abominations in Act 5, once they are out of energy they can't use their special attacks (which hit like a truck).
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-20-2017, 09:35 PM
WolfOverclocked's Avatar
WolfOverclocked WolfOverclocked is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vurtne View Post
Crucible is funny, why not?
I think it's boring. Really boring. So, I don't play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtanga View Post
I've considered similar with a Mage Hunter, but I wanted to do it on Druid for two reasons. First, is I have enough aether oriented characters. Second, I originally wanted to roll with Druid when I first picked up Grim Dawn cause TSS looked so damn cool, but I was swept away by all the other combinations I could create.

In the build I am planning, I'll have all the totems plus Wind Devils as well, but I want to try using Storm Totem as a means to proc its assigned devotion as opposed to being a more significant damage source. With my current plan on gear, I did my best to invest into whichever defensive devotions I could while still aiming for Ultos. At this point, it's a wait and see if this version will pay off as I got some ways to go. I can't wait to see how this build, and other builds of yours, will shape up now.
Ultos, Elemental Storm, and Murmur woud all be options I'd shoot for since the beam would be purely elemental at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindaloo View Post
WolfOverclocked, have you tried using the Blind Sage constellation? I have been using it on my AAR Sorceress and I really like it.

The Elemental Seekers add quite a bit of damage and also act like a form of AoE, hitting additional targets and stunning them. The energy burn is also useful on those big aetherial abominations in Act 5, once they are out of energy they can't use their special attacks (which hit like a truck).
I think Blind Sage wouldn't work as well with my AAR set-up. It's elemental-based and the requirements are way out there compared to what I've got.

Also, the Energy Burn was replaced.
__________________
"Don't worry, you'll all get a chance to ride the beam."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-21-2017, 12:49 AM
Asundai's Avatar
Asundai Asundai is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Default

As soon as I saw the patch notes mentioning AAR I thought "WolfOverclocked is gonna have a new thread...". Not sure if they listened to your (constructive!) complaints about AAR or just came to their own conclusions, but either way it's great to see they buffed it. AAR has always been one of my favourite skills just in concept and the visuals so it was a shame it got left behind for a time.

Returned to a level 85 sorc I haven't touched since Malmouth dropped and started playing him again. Re-specced to your setup and it's great - you're definitely right RE the cooldown reductions being key to the sorc. It changes mirror from an "oh shit" button to a reliable form of defense. All the other defenses are key as well since casters are still quick to die, but it's much easier to survive a few seconds between mirrors than to rely on those defenses full time. I do think it's a bit of an issue that crowd control abilities fall off sharply late game but most RPG/ARPG do that these days, so kind of expected.

Really glad they changed Aetherreach gloves too, that was just ridiculous not having the proc.

Cheers for another great guide as well :-)
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Guurzak Guurzak is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 411
Default

I put together an alternate devotion scheme with all 3 of Giant's Blood, Dryad, and Tree of Life, plus Turtle and the big armor node in Obelisk of Menhir. And Bard's Harp to solve energy problems for good. Would appreciate any feedback.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2je5gmN
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-22-2017, 05:48 PM
Ptirodaktill's Avatar
Ptirodaktill Ptirodaktill is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurzak View Post
I put together an alternate devotion scheme with all 3 of Giant's Blood, Dryad, and Tree of Life, plus Turtle and the big armor node in Obelisk of Menhir. And Bard's Harp to solve energy problems for good. Would appreciate any feedback.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2je5gmN
Obelist is pointless for caster armor build. Turtle is garbage, so is lizard. Try http://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2je5rmN this setup if you realy want all healing nodes.
__________________
#TeamDoubleDemo
#HowDoIRei:frog:
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-23-2017, 03:39 AM
WolfOverclocked's Avatar
WolfOverclocked WolfOverclocked is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asundai View Post
As soon as I saw the patch notes mentioning AAR I thought "WolfOverclocked is gonna have a new thread...". Not sure if they listened to your (constructive!) complaints about AAR or just came to their own conclusions, but either way it's great to see they buffed it. AAR has always been one of my favourite skills just in concept and the visuals so it was a shame it got left behind for a time.

Returned to a level 85 sorc I haven't touched since Malmouth dropped and started playing him again. Re-specced to your setup and it's great - you're definitely right RE the cooldown reductions being key to the sorc. It changes mirror from an "oh shit" button to a reliable form of defense. All the other defenses are key as well since casters are still quick to die, but it's much easier to survive a few seconds between mirrors than to rely on those defenses full time. I do think it's a bit of an issue that crowd control abilities fall off sharply late game but most RPG/ARPG do that these days, so kind of expected.

Really glad they changed Aetherreach gloves too, that was just ridiculous not having the proc.

Cheers for another great guide as well :-)
Thanks, glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guurzak View Post
I put together an alternate devotion scheme with all 3 of Giant's Blood, Dryad, and Tree of Life, plus Turtle and the big armor node in Obelisk of Menhir. And Bard's Harp to solve energy problems for good. Would appreciate any feedback.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2je5gmN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Obelist is pointless for caster armor build. Turtle is garbage, so is lizard. Try http://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2je5rmN this setup if you realy want all healing nodes.
I'd only caution about silo-ing yourself here with defenses. Too much defense might make your character too weak. However, if it works for you, then by all means go ahead!
__________________
"Don't worry, you'll all get a chance to ride the beam."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Scarecrow Scarecrow is offline
Acolyte
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 34
Default

Build looks awesome, I definetely should try it. BTW, could you please post some thoughts on leveling? What skill to use before getting final gear, constellations path, some intermediate gear maybe.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-24-2017, 04:07 PM
WolfOverclocked's Avatar
WolfOverclocked WolfOverclocked is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
Build looks awesome, I definetely should try it. BTW, could you please post some thoughts on leveling? What skill to use before getting final gear, constellations path, some intermediate gear maybe.
Here's me speedily leveling a Sorcerer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsmj...iKNChbYYDlO_rg

I'll put this playlist in the original post.

The tl;dr of it is to use OFF to clear trash mobs and get something like the nova attack from Cracked Lodestone to deal damage all while boosting your speed with Vindictive Flame.
__________________
"Don't worry, you'll all get a chance to ride the beam."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-30-2017, 07:06 PM
sebpaquin123 sebpaquin123 is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 18
Default

Hey guys

I was wondering if the spellbinder or magehunter would be better for an AAR build

any toughts ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aar, albrecht's aether ray, arcanist, demolitionist, sorcerer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.