Old 10-18-2018, 11:16 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster The Dark View Post
My point being - maybe I need to do something in order to make it work as intended. And I wonder what that is, if that's the case. Or simply someone to confirm that it's impossible to modify TQ-AE files due to certain reasons, like patches, or whatever.
now you are going in circles

I know that was your initial point and I replied to that already. I’d take that screenshot as proof it is not working as it sees your chars and still cannot do it, so it is not something you did wrong.
If you need more confirmation than that, maybe check the TQ forums as most people here probably do not play it.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:04 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
now you are going in circles

I know that was your initial point and I replied to that already. I’d take that screenshot as proof it is not working as it sees your chars and still cannot do it, so it is not something you did wrong.
If you need more confirmation than that, maybe check the TQ forums as most people here probably do not play it.
But that was my original point of interest, I did not go in circles. You asked me what my point was.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:37 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
But that was my original point of interest, I did not go in circles. You asked me what my point was.
I was talking about the point of a specific post (ie about posts saying the tool is great), not your general overarching point Still not sure how the two are connected, but that is ok

Last edited by mamba; 10-20-2018 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Counsel

Quote:
I was talking about the point of a specific post (ie about pists saying the tool is great), not your general overarching point Still not sure how the two are connected, but that is ok
Post saying the tool works great, meaning that it potentially works for some users. Or that it might have worked well before when the posts were made, but for example, the new game patch came out in the meantime, but the tool didn't receive the update, thus not working properly. It is very well connected, you just need to spot it, it isn't that hard.

Last edited by Wishmaster The Dark; 10-20-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:53 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Post saying the tool works great, meaning that it potentially works for some users. Or that it might have worked well before when the posts were made, but for example, the new game patch came out in the meantime, but the tool didn't receive the update, thus not working properly. It is very well connected, you just need to spot it, it isn't that hard.
or they use GD (not TQ), or they do not use that feature, or an update to the game broke it after the review like you wrote... that is precisely why I did say that the two (good reviews and a feature not working) are not related and you cannot deduce anything from the reviews

In any case, as I still do not see how this issue could be a user error, as explained, I do expect that this simply does not work for anyone. If that is not enough for you, ask around in the TQ forums
Old 10-21-2018, 01:45 AM
Counsel

Quote:
or they use GD (not TQ), or they do not use that feature, or an update to the game broke it after the review like you wrote... that is precisely why I did say that the two (good reviews and a feature not working) are not related and you cannot deduce anything from the reviews

In any case, as I still do not see how this issue could be a user error, as explained, I do expect that this simply does not work for anyone. If that is not enough for you, ask around in the TQ forums
I see no point in further circle-jerking around this. No, there is not a single confirmation that it doesn't work for anyone, and that is exactly why I asked if it works or it needs a work-around.
Old 10-28-2018, 06:19 AM
Initiate

hi, i'm a little confused. so i have to use TQ defiler instead? how exactly do i get this to work with GD? it just tells me there is no TQ directory
Old 10-28-2018, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicsol View Post
hi, i'm a little confused. so i have to use TQ defiler instead? how exactly do i get this to work with GD? it just tells me there is no TQ directory
No TQDefiler doesn't work with GD. You need to install GDDefiler which works with Titan Quest, Titan Quest Immortal Throne and Grim Dawn.

http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9343

It doesn't have all the mod features from TQDefiler like freeze time of day, infinite potion stacking, etc, yet. Basically just gives your characters' details and I think you can edit them if you want to.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:54 AM
Initiate

from reading, it looks like GD defiler no longer works, but the "old version" does, and the link given is to TQ defiler
Old 10-28-2018, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

GDDefiler works. If you click on the link on the first page it says download GDDefiler.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

Tags
tools