Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-13-2018, 08:47 PM
BB_Shockwave's Avatar
BB_Shockwave BB_Shockwave is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 784
Default Did Heroes... quadruple? Also, perma-stunned hero?

So this happened with two new characters I started recently, on Normal/Veteran difficulity. I expected to run into the occasional two enemy Heroes at the same time, but... FOUR spawning? Next to each other? This would be normal if I was on Nemesis level with Beasts, but here?

Yes, I ran into four Rifthound bosses with a Level 14 character in the Flooded Passage. Needless to say, getting chased by 4 of them was no picnic... I survived due to a weird bug, because I stunned Charrus with Primal Strike, and he... stayed that way, never even fighting back afterwards.


And just today, I encountered 4 Chthonic Heroes in the Depraved Sanctuary with another Level 15 character, right before Salazar's room, waiting neatly in their cells... I only got 3 on the screenshot because one already came out to greet me and it took some effort to kill it.


And no, I am not using any mods, this is just the original game.

EDIT: whoops, turns out there were FIVE heroes there, there was also a Harbringer hiding in that second cell...

Last edited by BB_Shockwave; 06-13-2018 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 PM
blackshark blackshark is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post

And just today, I encountered 4 Chthonic Heroes in the Depraved Sanctuary with another Level 15 character, right before Salazar's room, waiting neatly in their cells... I only got 3 on the screenshot because one already came out to greet me and it took some effort to kill it.


And no, I am not using any mods, this is just the original game.

EDIT: whoops, turns out there were FIVE heroes there, there was also a Harbringer hiding in that second cell...
I encountered this on my most recent Veteran run in the Depraved Sanctuary. Same spot too. Luckily, I was running a pet build so it wasn't too difficult but I remember thinking that it was a weird occurrence. Maybe it wasn't random after all?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Drokalypso's Avatar
Drokalypso Drokalypso is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 539
Default

Lucky!!!!!

also subbing...
__________________
pepe is a facist

Steam ID 'thederrick'
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-13-2018, 09:22 PM
tsuelue's Avatar
tsuelue tsuelue is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
Aaaaaaah! Huh?


Perma-stunning that hero mob, that is a bug, shouldn´t happen.

Multiple hero mobs spawning is not unusual. And fun.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:07 PM
BB_Shockwave's Avatar
BB_Shockwave BB_Shockwave is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuelue View Post


Perma-stunning that hero mob, that is a bug, shouldn´t happen.

Multiple hero mobs spawning is not unusual. And fun.
Yeah, it was fun luring the Chtonians away one buy one... I managed to kill everything (but Salazar was too tough at this level still)
With the Rifthounds though it was not multiple groups. All 4 were closely bunched together, so I assume 4 spawned instead of 2. The fight went like... well, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZObMSnb2Y
Basically me running around, whacking the closest one, and running away looping around stalactites when the others caught up. I guess Charrus simply got tired and stopped to catch his breath, dropping all those meteors on me must take a lot out of a guy.

Last edited by BB_Shockwave; 06-13-2018 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:08 PM
Norzan Norzan is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,311
Default

Those riftspawn dog heroes 90% of the time spawn in a group to me. Heck, i had five spawn at once recently.

I think it's maybe because they have so few spawn locations that they tend to spawn together.
__________________
List of my characters is too large to fit in this box.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:15 PM
Drokalypso's Avatar
Drokalypso Drokalypso is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 539
Default

Wow, even on Veteran I've rarely seen 3.

Salazar I've taken down at low level with some extremely lucky proc effects all going off at once.
__________________
pepe is a facist

Steam ID 'thederrick'
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:19 PM
BB_Shockwave's Avatar
BB_Shockwave BB_Shockwave is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Those riftspawn dog heroes 90% of the time spawn in a group to me. Heck, i had five spawn at once recently.

I think it's maybe because they have so few spawn locations that they tend to spawn together.
Ah, interesting! Must say, it is quite a challenge on such a low level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drokalypso View Post
Wow, even on Veteran I've rarely seen 3.

Salazar I've taken down at low level with some extremely lucky proc effects all going off at once.
Depends on character - my summoners and ranged characters can take him down with luck, but melee guys have it hard due to his curse and life-draining sigil that he drops under you. In general he can heal faster with the sigil than what you dish out to him.
On the other hand, this 2H lightning Warder was my first character who went toe to toe with Gutworm and killed him without kiting or dying - even though he was 6 levels above me.

Last edited by BB_Shockwave; 06-13-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:20 PM
Drokalypso's Avatar
Drokalypso Drokalypso is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
Ah, interesting! Must say, it is quite a challenge on such a low level.
If it keeps happening you won't be low level for long!
__________________
pepe is a facist

Steam ID 'thederrick'
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-13-2018, 10:21 PM
BB_Shockwave's Avatar
BB_Shockwave BB_Shockwave is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drokalypso View Post
If it keeps happening you won't be low level for long!
Heh, too true.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heroes, veteran

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.