Old 05-17-2017, 09:56 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulshammy View Post
Its hinted by dev as 2 Quarter of this year so its May, June or July release date. Read his posts
Being a playtester I can assure you that it's not even hinted at reaching testing yet, and as Crate constantly state...All times are estimates and they DO NOT give a set release date.

So very basically when it's ready is when it will be released and Crate will not give anything other than estimate until they are ready to release, regardless of what hints a dev might or might not have given.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:52 AM
Initiate

Does anyone know (or maybe the devs can answer) what will happen to all current (or currently obtainable) loot?
Will there be higher versions of current sets? Will our current set items be upgraded? I've farmed so hard for some of these things, it feels quite disheartening that I must farm it all over again :/ Literally months of playtime down the drain (love the new content though, so it'll have to be worth it).
Also, is it better to farm for rare mats rather than farm for items until the expansion arrives? Will the Tyrant's hold smith (and blueprints) be upgraded, or will it become worthless?
Old 05-18-2017, 08:43 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindhjaerta View Post
Will there be higher versions of current sets? Will our current set items be upgraded?
New level cap will be 100. You won't have to stay with lvl 75 items. There will be new higher level items. There will be stronger version of existing items - including some sets.
Existing item won't be upgraded as you will still need to have items for the leveling.
Moreover, what would you do with your lvl 85 character if he had his lvl 75 equipment turned to lvl 95 items? It would be quite difficult to play, doesn't it?
Old 05-18-2017, 08:45 AM
Herald

Some L50 items are currently used on L85 characters. Your gear isn't going to suddenly be worthless... For the most part.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Acolyte

Will there be more Default Weapon Attacks in the expansion? None of the two new masteries seem to have one which makes me sad. Some kind of DWA with some AoE like Firestrike offers would be a nice thing.

Or maybe 2H weapons getting AoE by default to buff them a little, so we finally see some 2H crucible gladiator builds.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:05 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malagor View Post

Or maybe 2H weapons getting AoE by default to buff them a little, so we finally see some 2H crucible gladiator builds.
There already is one, a 2H commando. But I agree, there should be more than one viable option for 2H to be able to do end game content competitively. Even then I say "viable" it still requires some pretty decent gear.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:58 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
Some L50 items are currently used on L85 characters. Your gear isn't going to suddenly be worthless... For the most part.
It will be my ulzuin set will suddenly be usless when character turns lvl 90 5k damage will be worthless by that lvl. Even a green lvl 90 faction weapon would be good making my set ulzuin set usless.

Last edited by powerfulshammy; 05-20-2017 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:07 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulshammy View Post
It will be my ulzuin set will suddenly be usless when character turns lvl 90 5k damage will be worthless by that lvl. Even a green lvl 90 faction weapon would be good making my set ulzuin set usless.
And how do you know this, exactly? Even the playtesters haven't seen the expansion yet, and none of us have finalized stats on any item they're adding. We've barely seen any of the items they're adding.

You're assuming, based on no solid information, that Crate, a company with one game, focused specifically on grinding loot, is going to think it's an okay idea to make all the loot you ground for entirely useless, by adding 15 whole levels to their game.

Now does that sound like a solid business decision for Crate? Seems to me that'd piss a lot of people off, especially as, since it's just 15 levels, they'd kind of have to go out of their way to do that. Somehow I don't think that's what's going to happen.
Old 05-20-2017, 03:08 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittles View Post
There already is one, a 2H commando. But I agree, there should be more than one viable option for 2H to be able to do end game content competitively. Even then I say "viable" it still requires some pretty decent gear.
Mine don't need decent gear you should have said right skills and devotion. Wait for it to get to 85 and kill last boss I'll post it on build guide it's lvl 82
Old 05-20-2017, 09:55 AM
Acolyte

All I know guys, this is gonna be mega exciting expansion pack. SO.MUCH.STUFF.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
animations, expansion