Old 05-26-2018, 03:07 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendimon View Post
i wanted to set my char level to 65 and worked pretty well but now i don"t earn any xp anyone can help me to solve this ?

thanks for this amazing tool
Hi there!

What mamba said is accurate. What you want to use is the "level" command.
https://odie.github.io/gd-edit-docs/...#command-level

All you need to do is to provide it the level you want your character to be, it will adjust your character's
- level
- experience points
- attribute points
- skill points

to the correct values.

So in your case, you just do this in the editor:
Code:
level 65
Old 06-13-2018, 02:49 PM
Initiate

Default Search items across all characters

Hi, thanks a lot for making this tool. I use it regularly and it saves a lot of time.

Is there a way to search for an item across all characters instead of loading each of them individually? If not I would greatly welcome such a feature. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbersArc View Post
Hi, thanks a lot for making this tool. I use it regularly and it saves a lot of time.

Is there a way to search for an item across all characters instead of loading each of them individually? If not I would greatly welcome such a feature. Thanks!
Hi there!

Can you describe briefly how you might use this kind of feature? What makes you want to search for an inventory item across characters? If you can briefly describe your workflow, or how you’re using the editor now, it’ll help me understand how to go about putting such a feature in.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2018, 07:58 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
Can you describe briefly how you might use this kind of feature? What makes you want to search for an inventory item across characters? If you can briefly describe your workflow, or how you’re using the editor now, it’ll help me understand how to go about putting such a feature in.
Sure! I'm not using any other tools to manage my items for all characters. So everything is spread out across all of their stashes and bags. I've tried GDStash but frankly find it to be confusing and don't quite trust it with my items. It also doesn't have the particular feature I'm looking for.

Quite often there's a need for a particular item. One way is to check all five stashes and six inventory bags of every character. Gd-edit fortunately makes it possible to find items much more quickly. But what's keeping it from being the ultimate tool for this purpose is that the search only works for one character at a time, making it slow and still somewhat tedious.

TL;DR: A way to use the "find" command without loading a character would be much appreciated.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:19 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
I've tried GDStash but frankly find it to be confusing and don't quite trust it with my items
anything in particular you find confusing ?

Quote:
It also doesn't have the particular feature I'm looking for.
because you are supposed to store your items in the tool, not in mules and then search across those
Old 06-16-2018, 08:15 AM
Counsel

Default New Version!

Quote:
Sure! I'm not using any other tools to manage my items for all characters. So everything is spread out across all of their stashes and bags. I've tried GDStash but frankly find it to be confusing and don't quite trust it with my items. It also doesn't have the particular feature I'm looking for.

Quite often there's a need for a particular item. One way is to check all five stashes and six inventory bags of every character. Gd-edit fortunately makes it possible to find items much more quickly. But what's keeping it from being the ultimate tool for this purpose is that the search only works for one character at a time, making it slow and still somewhat tedious.

TL;DR: A way to use the "find" command without loading a character would be much appreciated.
Howdy!

The new version adds the "find all" command. It works in exactly the same way as the "find" command, except it will search through all the character files the editor can find. This includes the local and cloud save directories, as well as anything configured via "savedir".

It looks like this when you run it:
Quote:
> find all steel

character: <path/to>/_Odie/player.gdc
Haunted Steel: inventory-sacks/0/inventory-items/76
Chilled Steel: inventory-sacks/1/inventory-items/13
Chilled Steel: stashes/0/items/48
Blessed Steel: stashes/0/items/89

character: <path/to>/_AnotherChar/player.gdc
I did minimal testing on this, but it should work! Lemme know if you run into any issues!

Last edited by Odie; 06-16-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
The new version adds the "find all" command.
This is awesome! I've been using it a lot in the last couple of weeks and it works flawlessly. No bugs to report so far, but I'll let you know if I find any. Thanks a lot.

Tags
editor, save file