Old 11-30-2012, 04:26 PM
Speaker

SO far so good! Everything I see I love, just make sure there is awesome loot that is really rare and takes time to find. If it has this, it looks like everything else is coming together to make a memorable and super addictive game .

I wish you guys all luck and look forward to Alpha and release! Speaking of which, can I pre-order and get into alpha, after alpha starts?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Not really, that's more of the type of thing I think we'd come up with if we had to meet milestone deliverables for a publisher and release within a tight schedule. Like on TQ, we had to commit to produce certain numbers of everything to THQ. Here, we just do whatever we think makes sense / make as much as we can fit in.

We're probably getting close to the total number of enemy models we'll have in the final release - it may end up somewhere around 40-50. We haven't decided what we'll do with common gear yet - whether we'll just repeat it with different stats for higher difficulties like D2 or actually create different versions like TQ. The latter is obviously a lot of extra work and we have to weigh that against putting the time into making more epics / legendaries. The 98 epics only represents uniques from 10-30 thus far, so we'll be producing a lot more. I expect we'll have at least over 300 uniques and then this is something we'd expand a lot with... expansions?
I personally think repeating art for commons is the way to go. Changing the name and quality keeps it interesting enough to me, and putting that effort into uniques and other stuff is far more important.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM
Acolyte

Awesome! I'm really glad to see this take off! The amount of content your team has been able to produce since the Kickstarter is fantastic.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrock View Post
Also, don't worry about making the game "too big". That's almost impossible as far as I'm concerned. Size matters!
+1. Worry about making any one area too big (some people like to be able to fully explore one waypoint to the next waypoint in one sitting, maybe two if the world doesn't refresh), but if the world overall is huge, that's perfectly fine. Just add more waypoints.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Praetorian

Fantastic update!

I cannot wait to play the alpha with my friend, who also contributed via KS.

Kickstarter Contributor - Hoarder's Edition - 5/2/2012
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16  
Old 11-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveedLife View Post
I wish you guys all luck and look forward to Alpha and release! Speaking of which, can I pre-order and get into alpha, after alpha starts?
Yes, we'll continue to make alpha pre-order available after alpha is out.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
The 98 epics only represents uniques from 10-30 thus far, so we'll be producing a lot more. I expect we'll have at least over 300 uniques and then this is something we'd expand a lot with... expansions?
With so many uniques, is it possible to make all of them worthwhile and to serve a purpose in the game? I mean in many games (like D3) with lots of unique items, most of them are pretty much useless. What things do you consider when you design a unique item?

Anyway an awesome update and I'm really glad to see you progressing so fast.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Praetorian

the game is seriouslly starting to shape up nicely, thanks so much for an awesome update, can't wait to get my mitts on the alpha

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 11-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Minister of Information

Holy cow ... I thought I saw you working on this update today. Thank you.
Quote:
The world redesign is one of the most obvious places where that has happened. In the map below, which only shows the first "act" you can see the green areas we intend to release for alpha are about 3x the volume of the original map from the first state of the game address.
'World redesign' is an understatement. You rearranged the starting areas almost completely. Do I read New Hotness correctly? The alpha area is delimited to the north by a sea or the sea.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Advocate

Now that's an update.Good news!

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction"~ Blaise Pascal

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb

Tags
affixes, alpha, character, enchantments, enemies, loot, masteries, performance, quests, world