Old 03-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Counsel

Thanks for the update, it's good to see the stage you have reached.

Very exciting to see the map, cannot wait to go exploring.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:38 AM
Supporter

Can we get an super super super super rough estimation if Kickstarter is very successful for the alpha release?
Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Alpha Release- Rough estimate is that this will take 6-8 months to complete with our current resources.

+

Beta Release- 4-6 months from the start of alpha
I really hope Kickstart brings in truck loads of money...I don't want to have to wait until 2014 for a finished Grim Dawn.

... wait is that awesome? ok, how about - its like you're drunk and a grizzly bear is punching you but... no wait... its like you're drunk, you punch a grizzly bear in the face but the bear is also drunk, so it just explodes into gibs."
Old 03-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Acolyte

Thank you very much for this write-up, medierra! The game's state is very clear to me now. Looking forward for new updates and upcoming alpha. Keep up good work, guys. We believe in you.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Campaigner

Thank you for the detailed post medierra. It seems to me that things are going pretty well. Keep up the good work and of course keep adding lots of loot and monsters!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Acolyte

Totally awesome update. You guys are aiming high and aiming to deliver.
4 hours of gameplay in the alpha? Totally stoked!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:27 AM
Advocate

Thx update and clean words on release and future plans.
I hope kickstarter will be rewardin' too ...and your progress goes well!

Keep up extreme work!

Gold Reward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGP4LT_cYo&hd=1
Silver Reward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puhioIlUz0Q
Old 03-30-2012, 08:03 AM
Initiate

Take your time. Theres plenty of good games out now and plenty more coming out soon to keep everyone busy.

IMO, its actually a good thing you guys aren't into beta yet. The competition from D3 and T2 (amongst everything else) is going to be pretty killer.
WoW (Retired) Shaman - WAR (Retired) Engineer - Hellgate London (Retired) Engineer - Torchlight (Retired) Vanquisher - Diablo 2 (Retired) Barbarian - LoL (Retired) Mordekaiser - Borderlands (Retired) Hunter - TQ:IT(Active) 40 Conqueror/20 Avenger - Avid fan of ARPGs & Warhammer 40k
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29  
Old 03-30-2012, 08:52 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.n.s.a.n.e View Post
Do you think Kickstarter could help with the Alpha release as well, if successful?
Yes, funding would certainly help. So far I've had to do about 98% of the design work on the game by myself. One of the other designers from Iron Lore has been helping out with the equipment and affixes but he only gets a few hours in every couple weeks. Meanwhile, I'm also managing the business side of things, posting on the forums, responding to emails, and sometimes even doing art (which has varying results as I'm clearly not an artist).

So, for example, if you look at the world, that's been about 15% of my time over the course development. Imagine if we had another designer working on the world full-time! I happen to know the perfect person for the job and he'd love to come work on Grim Dawn full-time if we could offer them a paid position.

It's the same with art, animation, etc.

Would it get the alpha out much faster? I don't know, maybe a little bit but I think the more significant effect would be more content in it and faster progression to beta and full release. It would take a little time for the extra help to take effect. Think of it like damage over time.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Champion

Thanks for answer!

The amount of work you've done so far is incredible, bearing in mind the number of people working on it..

I am glad you have someone ready to work for you already! Good, good! =)

GDot? =)

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, economy, enemies, loot, maps, masteries, quests, release, traps, world