Old 05-23-2018, 11:52 AM
Initiate

I did the Step 1: Extract content of "ReignOfTerror_AoM_v0.1.1.rar" into your "Grim Dawn/mods" folder (so it looks like this: "Grim Dawn/mods/ReignOfTerror")
Step 2: Download Reign of Terror v0.1.3. update, extract it into your "Grim Dawn/mods" and overwrite the files
Step 3: Download Reign of Terror v0.1.3. Hotfix 2, extract it into your "Grim Dawn/mods" and overwrite the files

as there was no Mods file in the grim dawn foulder I made it did all the above but theres no Costom game/maps when I went into GD to play it?? am i doing this wrong?
Old 05-23-2018, 11:53 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post

Humble attempt of remaking Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction with Grim Dawn modding tools.

FAQ
Spoiler!

MAIN FEATURES
  • Ashes of Malmouth support
  • Act 1 Map (complete, including all side areas)
  • Act 2 Map (Lut Gholein, Sewers, Rocky Waste, Stony Tombs, Dry Hills, Halls of the Dead and more to come)
  • Custom made enemies and abilities
  • 7 new classes (Amazon, Assasin, Barbarian, Druid, Necromancer, Paladin, Sorceress)
  • All D2 Class skills scale up to lvl 60
  • Custom scripted quests / events
  • New weapon types (Spears, Staves, Wands)
  • Runes
  • Runewords (crafted via anvil)
  • Extremely rare Rainbow Facets (up to 100% damage conversion of any dmg type + additional stats)
  • Fully working Pandemonium event (i.e. Uber Tristram, including Hellfire Torch / Annihilus drop), keys drop from The Countess, Smith and Andariel on Hell difficulty
  • Cow Level (look for a mysterious creature if you want to get there)
  • New secret locations with Uber bosses
  • And much more...

DOWNLOAD:

1) Base mod files:2) Update:
3) Hotfix:
INSTALLATION:

Step 1: Extract content of "ReignOfTerror_AoM_v0.1.1.rar" into your "Grim Dawn/mods" folder (so it looks like this: "Grim Dawn/mods/ReignOfTerror")
Step 2: Download Reign of Terror v0.1.3. update, extract it into your "Grim Dawn/mods" and overwrite the files
Step 3: Download Reign of Terror v0.1.3. Hotfix 2, extract it into your "Grim Dawn/mods" and overwrite the files

New Gameplay footage

Old Gameplay footage

DISCORD SERVER:

More efficient way for posting suggestions, bug reports or questions about the mod and it's mechanics
CREDITS:
Spoiler!
I did the Step 1: Extract content of "ReignOfTerror_AoM_v0.1.1.rar" into your "Grim Dawn/mods" folder (so it looks like this: "Grim Dawn/mods/ReignOfTerror")

as there was no Mods file in the grim dawn foulder I made it did all the above but theres no Costom game/maps when I went into GD to play it?? am i doing this wrong?
Old 05-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Initiate

iS IT A BUG ? THE INVESRTY OPENS BUT NO BORDER CANNOT TAKE ANYTHING OUT
Old 05-23-2018, 01:00 PM
Advocate

This happens when you don't extract the updates correctly.

Try to extract 0.1.3 update again followed by Hotfix 2.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:29 PM
Praetorian

Hello, Ram.

Finally got some free time to play this mod with a friend. Some feedback below, for our coop experience (Paladin + Barbarian with Dual Necromancers).

1) Leveling till level 15-18 is excruciatingly painful. Trash mobs take forever to kill with almost full upgraded skills, like Zeal or Smite. We thought, for a moment, that we were playing on 8 player difficulty, lol. This was also with more or less decent equipment (Steel Sword, Stealth Armor).
After this we took Hammer and summons, so it became much easier, but still remained slower than usual, a gigantic slog.

2) Speaking of Hammer, I noticed it behaved the same way as Reign of Ice and Fire. I.e. this skill is useless 70% of the time, because the hammers dissipate immediately by hitting any surface, including even bushes or higher ground.

3) DoTs are absolutely ridiculous. It takes 2-3 fire stone throw from the Banished in catacombs to completely level your toon from 3k HP to zero. Same with Sewers in Lut Gholein, an incredible annoyance for melee toons, as Dried Corpses spit this shit everywhere.

4) What's up with exploding Sand Riders too? You can have 4 of them coming up into your face with a high speed and oneshot you like nothing.

5) Bugs.

Disappearing textures in specific Cave corner.

Secret door in Crypt, which doesn't seem to open, once the second player accidentaly closes it.

This necromancer skill seems to go way above the stairs, virtually making it useless.

The wall, which remained forever after the cast, can be passed through.

Addendum to the post above, Blood Clan AND also Night Clan, as we noticed, seem to be bugged out, running in the same place forever.

Surrounding textures in Barracks are bugging out, as you go in and out of one of the random exits.

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
Advocate

Thx for the feedback.

I always played D2 solo self-found on /players 8 and that's why I try to replicate the difficulty here. Slower start is also due to decrease of skill points on early levels (1-29) and I am not sure if it was the best decision... (slower start may put some players off)

Edit: finally have my pc fixed so I can continue where I left off

Last edited by Ram; Yesterday at 04:47 PM. Reason: PC fixed
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Speaker

I would suggest to give the player at level 2 more skill points to not suck at the beginning. Personally I have no problem with the reversed skill points gained. Maybe increase the monster density a bit and shave of some hit points for compensation. And yes, the fireball flinger and poison user do quiet some damage, as do the archer monsters. On the other hand the behemoths are no threat at all.

My necromancer is now level 62 and my secondary mastery is sorcerer for the big enchant boost to minion damage. At high level monsters still take a bit longer, but overall the kill speed is "acceptable". At level 41 I got wrecked in the cow level by the sneaky cow alone. The only +skills item I currently have is the +1 hat.

What I encountered on the high level, besides the revive minion having around 6000 more life than a mere skeleton warrior, is that it has problems doing its shtick. Due to the high amount of hit points of monsters and the number of other pets, it has a low chance on getting the last hit. Leaving the warriors and mages is no option, too, since they are needed to kill stuff and the revive alone goes under in a pack of dark hunters or similar dangerous adversaries. It packs quiet a punch and with its chance to hit twice, it can dish out some pain but with its single target qualities it is still hard.

Edit: Found the hut of the witch. Will stay clear from it since I need better gear and some time to learn her spell patterns. The first three times I have seen the hut I missed the special thing there and wondered myself why it was there from the beginning.

Last edited by Seltsamuel; Yesterday at 07:58 PM. Reason: New experiences, fixed level of necro, remembered it wrong
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Speaker

Just got crash in the cow level. I was doing Hit & Run with the King.
Speaking of Moo-Moo, could you tune down the Assassin from Trio ? I'm lvl72 in Nightmare and I'm getting one shot each time it's using its 360° attack even if i'm not "shotguned". Or It will be easier to handle it if it was not invisible. For now he's stronger than the King.
Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM
Advocate

Checked his stats and you are right.

Fixed.
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
1. I am not able to reproduce this issue. Does it happen only in multiplayer game or in singleplayer also?

2. Do you experience this issue everytime you play as client or just this one time?

3. I remember having these issues even in standard GD multiplayer game so it could be related and if so then there is not much I can do.

4. Cow level can be entered by placing "Mysterious key" in Horadric Device located in Encampment Cellar (beneath Rogue Encampment).

Mysterious key drops from treasure goblin that has random spawn location throughout Act 1 (100% chance to spawn in random A1 location, including all side areas so it's worth to explore everything). I felt that Diablo 2 Cow level is too easy to enter so I made it significantly harder but also more rewarding due to increased XP / drops from Hell Bovines. Plus if you manage to get into Cow level then there is always 1 additional goblin inside and if you're lucky enough, then you can get another key from him and repeat the Cow level immediately.

Btw, has anyone been in Cow level yet?
1. in multiplayer only
2. always, sadly

Tags
diablo 2, map, mod