Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Old 11-11-2017, 08:56 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEdge View Post
Anyone already have the Game because i wanna buy it but not sure about because many say that its a bad port of the game?
The only people bitching are the ones who (for some reason) want to play the game with a mouse. Games like these are made for controllers so they just went ahead and didn't include support for a mouse.

If you have a controller to use for your PC, it's fine.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
The only people bitching are the ones who (for some reason) want to play the game with a mouse. Games like these are made for controllers so they just went ahead and didn't include support for a mouse.

If you have a controller to use for your PC, it's fine.
agreed.
i'm having a blast with it over the last week. around 35-40 hours into the game as is.

It crashed twice
it has stuttery gameplay when my controller runs out of battery power. So need to restart the game after putting in new batteries.
Occasional pop-ins of structures is noticeable.

other then that it runs fine and plays fluid. For the 50 euro you get 80-100 hour of content for the first blind playthrough. Consecutive runs are about 30-40 hours I guess. I mean I did parts that took me 18-20 hours and my other char just flew through the same stuff under 6-7 hours.

I like how it has quite a lot of depth. As for challenge... not so sure about that. I seem to be figuring out and beating bosses quite fast. The first demon on the boat took met 25 tries in total on first go. Bosses after that I did in 1-4 attempts thusfar. Even the so called toughest one I managed to do on first try. Then again it also depends on your weapon. Some weapons have an easier time against certain opponents.

Compared to dark souls it seems the bosses in Nioh have a much longer and more obvious telegraphed attacks. They often give you more then enough time to react to what they're about to do. Even the super aggressive bosses can be taken down without taking a single hit once you figure out their patterns. Most of the time I don't even bother using Living Weapons that do substantial bonus damage and just take my time on safe hits.

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix

Last edited by Gibly; 11-13-2017 at 09:30 PM.