Old 06-14-2018, 12:13 PM
Ascendant

Default Lovecraft's Untold Stories

Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/8...ntold_Stories/

Trailer -

FAQ -

Quote:
Q .Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

The price of the game will increase once the game moves to full release.

Q. Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

We plan to be in Early Access for a short time, from 3 to 4 months – enough time to gather feedback and implement any changes the game might need.
However, our plans for Lovecraft’s Untold Stories do not end on full release! We will release it when we are confident that the game fulfills the vision we had when we started working on it, but afterward, we plan on keep working on it and add more content in future updates. There are a lot of great Lovecraft stories, after all!

Q. Any plans for a release on GOG?

Hey. Working on that, but I hope that yes.

My thoughts are that it looks interesting to me personally, the price increase after leaving EA feels weird. Do many indie games do this stuff?

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 06-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Herald

I didn't know this one, looks interesting and yes : Some ea titles are cheaper the earlier you buy them it's some sort of support encouragement i guess.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:26 PM
Counsel

Looks nice and creepy.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:02 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
I didn't know this one, looks interesting and yes : Some ea titles are cheaper the earlier you buy them it's some sort of support encouragement i guess.
Okay thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Looks nice and creepy.
I like the idea of pixel horror. Chronicles of Insmouth is also pretty good in that regard. Horror wise we also have Sunless Skies and Sunless Seas

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 06-15-2018, 12:32 AM
Counsel

I hate when devs have the game cheaper during EA. Their thinking is that, as more content is added, you should be paying more money for the added content. Most likely, whatever the price is during EA, it will most likely be 50% more to double that price on full release.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
I hate when devs have the game cheaper during EA. Their thinking is that, as more content is added, you should be paying more money for the added content.
It's an incentive to buy early, much like preorder discounts or bonuses

Not sure why you hate it, do you feel forced to buy it during beta because of it ?
Old 06-15-2018, 06:43 PM
Herald

I've actually picked up cheaper games during EA and just never installed them until it's properly released. A discount is a discount.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:04 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
It's an incentive to buy early, much like preorder discounts or bonuses

Not sure why you hate it, do you feel forced to buy it during beta because of it ?
I just don't trust Early Access games, no matter how many games have had successful releases. And yeah, the lower price during EA does make me feel like I almost have too buy it then.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:10 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
I just don't trust Early Access games, no matter how many games have had successful releases. And yeah, the lower price during EA does make me feel like I almost have too buy it then.
Of course don't go blindly buying EA games, some will fail in some way. I always do a little research before buying, a good indicator is previous successfully released games through EA, that is hard evidence that these people know what they are doing. If there's no history (new studio or whatnot) I'm more careful, I'll wait at least a couple of months to see if updates are regular and meaningful before spending my money.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:36 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
Of course don't go blindly buying EA games, some will fail in some way. I always do a little research before buying, a good indicator is previous successfully released games through EA, that is hard evidence that these people know what they are doing. If there's no history (new studio or whatnot) I'm more careful, I'll wait at least a couple of months to see if updates are regular and meaningful before spending my money.
I'm also restricted to a small spending 'allowance' each month for buying whatever so a game needs to be at least 50% off on sale before I'll consider buying it unless it's something I really, very extremely anticipate (Like the Spyro Reignited Trilogy most likely coming to PC next year. I'll most likely save up the $40 and buy it day one).