Old 06-15-2018, 11:59 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by They Live View Post
I would like to see something tactical /turnbased rpgesque from Crate. Better if it takes place in GD lore. I know....it's just a dream.
Well, in my wettest dreams i'm seeing a classic crpg (Baldur's Gate / PS:Torment style) as a direct prequel to GD, about the event's that transpired into the Grim/Glorious Dawn, probably even from the Aetherials' perspective (and with an Aetherial as the protagonist ).

Sweat dreams...
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
Old 06-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Initiate

Would love more variety of endgame.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Champion

I'm fine with them stopping on expansions after Forgotten Gods. I imagine they'll do bug fixes and balancing patches afterwards as well but I have to wonder how long they'll continue to support the game with changes to items/skills/devotion etc. or even if we can continue to expect more free/smaller content updates such as the recent item sets or new Bosses/areas such as Kra'Vall or the Ancient Grove.

Last edited by Evil_Baka; 06-15-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Well, maybe if they see a need for them to be added, but I can't see it being worthwhile otherwise. Some patches/balancing yes, I'm sure Crate will do that, but unless there's a reallly good reason why they need to add 3 or 4 extra sets or another rogue dungeon I can't see them happening. Of course they may surprise me yet again (as if they haven't done that enough already! ), but to me their efforts along those lines are better put towards a GD2 or other RPG game in the future. And we're back to the question that started this thread - do they give such content away free earning nothing from it but the fans' gratitude or do they charge for such small DLC's? How many of the fans are going to want to buy 3 new legendary sets or a rogue dungeon? Crate is first and foremost a busiess, their work has to bring in money to pay bills, salaries, etc.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:22 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Well, maybe if they see a need for them to be added, but I can't see it being worthwhile otherwise. Some patches/balancing yes, I'm sure Crate will do that, but unless there's a reallly good reason why they need to add 3 or 4 extra sets or another rogue dungeon I can't see them happening. Of course they may surprise me yet again (as if they haven't done that enough already! ), but to me their efforts along those lines are better put towards a GD2 or other RPG game in the future. And we're back to the question that started this thread - do they give such content away free earning nothing from it but the fans' gratitude or do they charge for such small DLC's? How many of the fans are going to want to buy 3 new legendary sets or a rogue dungeon? Crate is first and foremost a busiess, their work has to bring in money to pay bills, salaries, etc.
Even as far as balancing patches/bug fixes go, I still have to ask when they will decide that no more needs to be done or they consider the game is in a good enough state to move on from it as these are rather different to free content updates or expansions as they don't involve developing new assets for the game but rather tweaking the ones that are already there.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

That we will have to wait and see.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:12 PM
Praetorian

I can see them adding free content after FG like a rogue dungeon (unless FG has a rogue dungeon, Eldritch themed, please?), but i would be fine if they stopped adding more content after FG.

Everybody eventually gets tired of working on the same thing and starts to want to work on new things.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

No FG rogue planned.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:28 AM
Advocate

There should be at least 1 more paid DLC (smaller than the expansions) focusing on going to Aether hold by some means (yes i read Zantai comment that its not a physical place!) and duking it out with the Council of Five.

I can see this as an extended end game questline, post Malmouth where with Anasteria help (or if you sided against her maybe the Aether guy you release in Fleshworks) find the means to get yourself in the Aether. Then its a long rogue like uber hard dungeon with the 5 either battling together or separetly. Concluding with some stalemate for the time being, leaving things open for GD2 but at least giving some closure.

I would gladly pay whatever price they ask, but i can see this being 6-7 EUR priced at most.

It should take relatively little effort, as the only new assets needed would be the Aether hold mobs (a few reskins of ghosts) + Council members + Aether environment itself.

Last edited by Glimpse; 06-16-2018 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

From the 13th April:

"Will there be more DLCs in the future?
That's too soon to tell. Just as when we were working on the first expansion we weren't really ready to commit there'd be a second and that was entirely based on sales. So if expansion two does so well that we can't possibly not do a third expansion, we'll have to think about that. But in terms of the major story points we want to tell Forgotten Gods is kinda the culmination of some really big things we've been teasing along the way. And I wouldn't say the story comes to an end, but it certainly does come to a major climax."

Zantai's already said they're not tying up the story.

I expect he's having a good laugh when he reads this thread. All this speculation and Crate have probably got 3-4 projects in various stages of development. It makes sense because they're not going to finish off the town builder and then say "will what shall we do next?". That's not how Crate rolls.