Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > Modding - Tutorials and Help

Old 05-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Advocate

Did you set your working directory as shown in this guide or did you set it to the grim dawn installation folder directly as the official guide says?

If you followed the guide above you shouldn't end up with a working path that starts with grim dawn/mods/... as this will merge source and output files and therefore might lead to confusion.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:47 AM
Initiate

I've had the same/similar problem trying to get these tools setup the past few weeks; they're just very stubborn about directories. Setting the working directory to "..common/Grim Dawn/working" will extract game files there but still doesn't show any AoM content.

The only way I've actually gotten it to do something was merging the two database arz files and placing it into the mod\database folder I'm working on. Doesn't really seem correct but literally won't work otherwise.

This is especially true for the world editor, which will not load any records or textures unless all game files are in the actual mod's folder. Is there no way to manually point the world editor to read from a specific directory?