Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 07-14-2018, 11:14 PM
Acolyte

Default Players should be immune to status effects from enemies far below their level

The main reason behind this suggestion is effects that reduce movement speed in particular, and the sheer number of enemies in this game that seem to have something that does that. I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets irritated at being constantly slowed down by random trash mobs if I ever have to run through a low-level area to get to something.

I look at it this way: the game already severely cuts down any potential reward a player might get from low-level encounters with its restrictions on components and reputation, so it would only be fair to reduce some of the headaches involved to balance it out.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:48 AM
Champion

+1 from me.

That being said - most status effects can be avoided with: 1) High enough DA, 2) Mobility skills.

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Old 07-15-2018, 04:33 AM
Champion

This really seems like a solution in search of a problem.

With decent run speed i almost never get hit during the very rare times a char needs to rerun a lower level zone...and that is pretty much only 2x per char for hidden path...
Old 07-15-2018, 05:04 AM
Herald

I never had such issue where I am getting constantly slowed. I often have enough speed to outrun enemies, have a blitz-like skill or AoE to sometimes clear my way if there's too much trash.

The idea in general is nice. Would help very slow builds that have under 110 movement speed. :P

I don't play Crucible.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:52 AM
Praetorian

What sorts of stuff are you looking for in low-level zones? You could always just carry a couple pieces of alternate gear with slow resist specifically for this purpose, since mobs shouldn’t be any danger to you at low levels anyways.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:13 AM
Praetorian

I agree, actually I think that CC potency should be governed by OA-DA mechanics or a similar parallel system.

It's unlikely to happen though, since it's quite a rework. Maybe in the abstract GD2.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:49 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzblaster View Post
What sorts of stuff are you looking for in low-level zones? You could always just carry a couple pieces of alternate gear with slow resist specifically for this purpose, since mobs shouldn’t be any danger to you at low levels anyways.
I probably should explain myself a bit. It's not that I think there's any actual danger involved. But a habit I picked up while playing Diablo 3 was, instead of teleporting straight to an area, I'd move my character through all the areas that led up to it, just to make sure I didn't miss any rare spawns along the way. Now I know this game doesn't really have anything like that, but I found that I enjoyed the experience - it was cathartic watching my character moving that distance and seeing the scenery change.

It also gives me a chance to fully enjoy the environments created by the people who made the game, but being held up by irrelevant enemies does dampen the experience somewhat. I'm also a bit new to the game so I don't have gear that specific just yet, nor do I have an encyclopedic knowledge about which enemies cause which effect.

I guess in the end it just seems like a no-brainer to me. To the people who've found a way around it, fixing this wouldn't detract their experience in any way, while at the same time improving the experience considerably for people in my position. Of course, if it turns out that it's not feasible to make such a change due to the way the game was put together, I'd understand, but that's a separate issue.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe not yet, but will when the Forgotten Gods expansion comes out.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72690
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:42 PM
Champion

OH RIGHT. MOBILITY RUUUUUUNES.

It's gonna be dota all up in this bitch. Blink dagger pls.

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Old 07-15-2018, 05:10 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
Blink dagger pls.
Sure, with mute function on damage taken preserved. Very fitting for ARPG, what could go wrong