Old 07-13-2018, 05:54 PM
Supporter

Default Some love for Aether-Lightning?

There are 4 devotions that enable/support Aether-Lightning damage (Widow, Wraith, Spear of the Heavens, Attak Seru) as well as some components, items, procs, and item bonuses. However, it still seems to be missing quite a bit in terms of itemization.

I would love to see some more items (and to a lesser extend skills/transmuters) that would more fully enable this damage combination.

I realize that not every damage combination needs to be enabled. But some combinations just make much more sense than others. For example, there is (IMO) less need to enable a Poison-Aether build. Aether-Lightning just seems to make a lot of sense though, both from a visual and thematic perspective. On top of that, it is already partly being enabled, but not sufficiently to make it very viable (I think).

Let me know what you think and if you agree!
Old 07-13-2018, 06:08 PM
Champion

Allagast is one of the best ways to do Aether/Lightning currently. It's probably possible with AAR as well but I don't know

Besides that, a few people have been asking for buffs to the Aetherstorm set/Aether Lightning for a few patches now due to the opportunity cost in giving up both ring slots and your amulet slot to use it.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:00 PM
Supporter

Yes those sets seem to be the only ones focused on Aether+Lightning. In terms of itemization and skills it mostly seems very hard to get an Aether-Lightning fighter (as opposed to a caster) to work. I'm currently leveling a Shaman+Necromancer, mostly because I love the massive amounts of flat damage and flat HP you get from Brute Force and Spectral Binding. I fear that in higher levels it will probably start to lose much of its capabilities due to a lack of good items. The few good sets/items are predominantly supporting Necro+Arcanist, or Inquisitor+Arcanist. Oh well.

For a caster, Inquisitor+Arcanist seems to make the most sense. Especially Word of Pain is nice, with the elemental damage and Aether RR. But that can only be done as a caster and it's more Elemental+Aether than Lightning+Aether specifically. Of course, Fire+Aether is also possible, specially as a fighter.

Maybe the expansion will enable Lightning+Aether more? Either through the upcoming new class, more items and devotions, and hopefully also through a revamp/update of existing skills.

Last edited by CaptainObvious; 07-13-2018 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:11 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
Allagast is one of the best ways to do Aether/Lightning currently. It's probably possible with AAR as well but I don't know

Besides that, a few people have been asking for buffs to the Aetherstorm set/Aether Lightning for a few patches now due to the opportunity cost in giving up both ring slots and your amulet slot to use it.
You mean something like this?

Kira the Aetherstorm

That is m first toon to reach lvl 100 & finish Ultimate.