Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Old 05-25-2018, 10:09 PM
Initiate

Default v1.0.6.1 Wildheart Vanguard's 40% weapon damage to Grasping Vines still bugged?

v1.0.6.1 *EDIT for adding in version number per rules. Sorry for missing that!*

I don't know if I am misunderstanding a mechanic but the 40% weapon damage bonus from Wildheart Vanguard to Grasping Vines seems to be randomly applying.

Here we have a control test. Shoulders are off, no set bonus, and character sheet tooltip accurately accounts for flat vitality damage on the dummy of 985.

Here we have the shoulders on, set complete, and what appears to be a properly working 40% weapon damage bonus. Flat damage rolls are within range.

However, here we have what looks like the set bonus not applying. 1428 is not a flat damage roll that should be possible. The jump from 985 flat damage to 1428 is accounted by the +3 Grasping Vine bonus on the Wildheart set along with the vitality damage bonus from the shoulders. A 40% bonus, per the weapon damage shown, would have minimum expected damage added at 1074. This obviously doesn't math out. The character has 100% chance to hit, and I can't seem to determine a contributing factor this happening, but it is very common. I just did a quick 10 casts of Grasping Vines and 4 out of 10 times it gave me 1428, which, if a weapon damage range were applying, would effectively never give a consistent number,

Is there something I'm missing or is this set still bugged?
I'm a big fan, playing for years, first post, looking forward to the new expansion! Thanks for looking this over.

Last edited by Atre; 05-26-2018 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Add build/version number
Old 05-29-2018, 10:25 AM
Initiate

Doing a bit of digging around and modding, I removed the 40% weapon damage set bonus from set_d009_graspingvines.dbr and appended it to the mace itself on mace2h_d009_graspingvines.dbr, thinking the bug was somewhere in the set bonus. To my surprise, the same behavior was taking place. I then removed the items and modded the 40% weapon damage to the grasping vines skill itself in graspingvines1.dbr, where testing showed the 40% weapon damage to properly apply each time. I then added the 40% weapon damage bonus to the Misery sword, where testing showed it to also apply properly. I've been poking around but I can't pin down where the problem is, but it does seem likely that it is somewhere inside the set bonuses itself.

Sorry if this is useless to you, but nothing gets under my skin like a bugged skill, and I was hoping I could find proper solution. Thanks for reading.