Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Old 05-25-2018, 06:37 AM
Herald

Arrow Slow resistance shows 100% but is capped at 80% in fact

Hi guys, after this message I investigated this myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
Slow resistance is capped at 80%, regardless of what your character's chart may show.
And yes, regardless of what 3rd tab of stats pane show, Slow resistance is capped on 80%. Tested this on my Trozan druid having exactly 135% (no overcap) run speed and 100% slow resistance: if Thalonis or other enemies cast Slow via their Curse of Frailty, my character runs slower.

Is this an intended behavior?
Anyway, this indicator confuses and forces people to stack Slow res up to 100% while only 80% is applied.

Last edited by veretragna; 05-25-2018 at 07:22 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:41 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
Hi guys, after this message I investigated this myself.

And yes, regardless of what 3rd tab of stats pane show, Slow resistance is capped on 80%. Tested this on my Trozan druid having exactly 135% (no overcap) run speed and 100% slow resistance: if Thalonis or other enemies cast Slow via their Curse of Frailty, my character runs slower.

Is this an intended behavior?
Anyway, this indicator confuses and forces people to stack Slow res up to 100% while only 80 is applied.
It shows overcap in panranthesis but 80% is max. If you overcap run speed then you will be less slow. Like 145% - 9.4% (Thaloni's 47% at 20% power) = ~136% run speed. Not that bad ince Thalonis has one of the worst slows in the game
Old 05-25-2018, 06:47 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
It shows overcap in panranthesis but 80% is max. If you overcap run speed then you will be less slow. Like 145% - 9.4% (Thaloni's 47% at 20% power) = ~136% run speed. Not that bad ince Thalonis has one of the worst slows in the game
I agree, you can stack run speed to slight overcap instead of stacking slow IF you already know that 100% shown in stats pane is incorrect.
This must be fixed by showing real 80%.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:53 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
I agree, you can stack run speed to slight overcap instead of stacking slow IF you already know that 100% shown in stats pane is incorrect.
This must be fixed by showing real 80%.

Strange. I was sure it was showing 80% but also the overcap in paranthesis when hovering over it. Yeah. Maybe thy changed smth. Neneses have 90% resist. That;s a bit of a double standard really. If your overcap is 80% and thiers is 90%, they are 2x more resistant than you are.

On the WoP deceiver build i have ~140% slow res stacked. That means reaper is running 14% slower lol. that's a huuuge investment

Last edited by Superfluff; 05-25-2018 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:13 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Strange. I was sure it was showing 80% but also the overcap in paranthesis when hovering over it. Yeah. Maybe thy changed smth. Neneses have 90% resist. That;s a bit of a double standard really. If your overcap is 80% and thiers is 90%, they are 2x more resistant than you are.

On the WoP deceiver build i have ~140% slow res stacked. That means reaper is running 14% slower lol. that's a huuuge investment
On the other hand, Ravager and Mog have regular resistances over 110% and they are not limited. Maybe such double standards are intended to make Nemeses and Celestials truly challenging
Old 05-25-2018, 07:26 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
On the other hand, Ravager and Mog have regular resistances over 110% and they are not limited. Maybe such double standards are intended to make Nemeses and Celestials truly challenging
I guess so Otherwise stuff like Spectral wrath + VoS + corruption from component + some % slow would render them almost useless. Still works with REaper builds to an extent
Old 05-25-2018, 09:00 AM
Praetorian

That's strange. I believe I stacked up to 100% and attack speed slow effects had stopped working on me altogether, so 100% is the actual cap. I'll try to confirm it later today.