Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-26-2018, 11:56 PM
Initiate

Default Game locks up with "on melee hit" procs (build included)

- I will upload the dxdiag.txt and link to build once I have the 3 required posts (which is kinda ridiculous, no?)

As background I have >1000 hours logged on the game and have multiple 100th level characters using many different build types. I'm on version v1.0.5.1 and on 1 character (and only this character) - I have an issue that causes the game to lock up and it doesn't bring up the crash report window - I have to alt-tab, task manager, kill the thread and restart grim dawn.

I can repeatedly recreate the issue in just a couple of minutes by running into a crowd and melee'ing them. Therefore, I suspect the issue is with one of the (many) on hit procs.

This is really my first experiment with a 'retaliation' build (I just respected to this build to try it out) and the issue started occurring. I spent a few hours narrowing it down to the steps to reproduce (I thought it was just random at first).

Sadly, I have the Ultos Storm set to gear him up with but I can't get him there with the lockups.

I guess I go work on another build (maybe the winter king) hoping this will be fixed.

Last edited by justdogbert; 04-27-2018 at 12:02 AM.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:58 PM
Initiate

Default Rules say need 3 posts to upload file

This is Post #2 of 3 that I need to upload the files that I was requested to upload when reporting a bug. Waiting the 90 seconds....
Old 04-27-2018, 12:00 AM
Initiate

Default Post #3 (of now 4)

Link to build https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m238vM4V
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (90.5 KB, 24 views)
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4  
Old 04-27-2018, 04:43 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Unfortunately I can't reproduce the issue, even with your exact gear. Have you tried verifying game files?

If the issue persists after that, please send your character to support@crateentertainment.com so we can investigate.

For local saves, your save is located here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\my games\Grim Dawn\save\main\_CharacterName

For cloud saves, see this thread:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20752

We need the entire _CharacterName folder, so please zip it up along with its contents. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:27 PM
Initiate

Sorry Zantai, I should have mentioned that I verified the files (twice) and updated the Nvidia drivers before I tried narrowing down the issue. I have zipped and sent the folder as instructed.

Also, this time, I decided to record video.... (Obviously, it's right at the end).
https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0...8.58.43.01.mp4
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6  
Old 05-22-2018, 10:44 PM
Crate Employee - Programmer

Thanks for the reports, this will be fixed in the next update. The problem was tied to your particular weapon's on kill proc. In the mean time you can try using an alternate weapon.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:43 PM
Initiate

Nice, I'm glad you found it and glad I could help. After watching the video I was guessing it was me attacking (not them hitting me) so sorry about the originally misleading thread title. No problem on when it's fixed, I have plenty of other characters to play in the mean time.