Old 02-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Counsel

Default Request: No Turtles Please

I am still in the process of playing through TQ:IT for the very first time, and love it. That being said:

I beg of you, please, no more turtles. I let out long yells, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!" every time I see a turtle. If I get a formula that has turtle shells in it, I just vendor it, because there's no way I'm going to kill turtles any longer than I have to. They take forever to kill, and if you're a caster, you miss them half the time because they're so darn low to the ground, so you have to shoot them with your staff... boof.... boof.... DIE ALREADY... boof... boof.... *pulls out hair*. Please. Think of the children.

(Note: This post is only semi serious. I do despise the turtles, though)
Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 PM
Lord Advocate

Heh, I thought this was going to be about the Overlord and breaking the fourth wall and shit

Turtles were a bit uninteresting though. They just took a heavy beating, but you could kill em from a convenient distance. Just taking sooo long. Now if they were backed up by caster turtles and fragile (teenage mutant) ninja turtles, than the tanking turtle would've made a lot more sense.
Or just let them being mounted by Ichtians
Old 02-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Praetorian

Sissy! Turtles are only difficult on normal mode, after that they become a joke. (except dave, who is pretty tough.)

I do hope we get some demonic turtles. That would be cool. Anyone play MTG? Wormfang turtle?

Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Counsel

Oh they're not difficult, they're just stubborn and don't die fast enough. I can kill the undead, demons, and two headed dogs that spit fire faster than I can kill your run of the mill turtle. I argue that these turtles are already possessed (with the soul of a donkey).
Old 02-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Champion

*cough* am in the process of getting my power 9 back again... stupid selling out. On that note: Asylum, you must be one of them new-fangled players, back in my day the only set symbols you needed were: Legends and Arabian Nights.

OT: Damn the turtles! Actually, I really liked the turtles. They were a challenge. I mean, who says you have to kill everything in the game? And yes, I found that it was possible, with a little grind (like all reagents) to get turtleshells.

Cheers,

Malph

Last edited by Malpheas; 02-25-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Minister of Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan View Post
you have to shoot them with your staff... boof.... boof.... DIE ALREADY... boof... boof.... *pulls out hair*. Please. Think of the children.
ROFL - thank you, Coridan - just what I needed ... for the sake of such post, please add them to GD, too
Old 02-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malpheas View Post
OT: Damn the turtles!
It's actually quite confusing when you use OT both for On-Topic as well as Off-Topic..
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8  
Old 02-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Crate Employee - Programmer

Think of the turtles!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Supporter

GD needs warp turtles huge demonic creatures twisted by the nasty powers that abound in this grim dawn.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
It's actually quite confusing when you use OT both for On-Topic as well as Off-Topic..

I do? Hmm, I occasionally use Offt for off...
Closed Thread

Tags
monsters, titan quest