#11  
Old 02-05-2017, 11:08 PM
Dionysos Dionysos is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2
Default

Excellent thanks for this mod
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-25-2017, 12:17 PM
farmacistu farmacistu is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 21
Default mod

Does it still work?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-28-2017, 10:09 PM
Dionysos Dionysos is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2
Default

The author indicates work for all future GD versions and I comfirme it is ok for v1.0.0.9.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-07-2017, 01:54 AM
LostSoul's Avatar
LostSoul LostSoul is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmacistu View Post
Does it still work?
Does not appear to. Ate my storage and replaced it with a blank one (not entirely unexpected). But it also doesn't actually swap to different storage items either. You can double-click all you want, nothing happens to the storage that GD sees.
__________________
The Sources Series
Sources of Magic - Now available on Amazon!
Sources of Power - Now available on Amazon!
Sources of Truth - Now available on Amazon!

Stay tuned for the second half of the series
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-07-2017, 03:00 AM
mamba's Avatar
mamba mamba is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul View Post
Does not appear to. Ate my storage and replaced it with a blank one (not entirely unexpected). But it also doesn't actually swap to different storage items either. You can double-click all you want, nothing happens to the storage that GD sees.
are you using cloud save ?

The tool just is a UI for copy & paste, so it should always work. Working with cloud save on the other hand...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-09-2017, 05:39 PM
LostSoul's Avatar
LostSoul LostSoul is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
are you using cloud save ?

The tool just is a UI for copy & paste, so it should always work. Working with cloud save on the other hand...
Nope. Local files. It found them just fine. But I did my own testing on it. I took a valid, working transfer file, copied it to a subfolder, made changes to the transfer file in GD, moved the copied file back, and ended up with a blank, empty, reset transfer storage file.

It was very strange, and I'm not sure what to make of that behavior.

-edit-

Disregard. There was something fishy goin' on with the path directory. It appears to be working for me now.
__________________
The Sources Series
Sources of Magic - Now available on Amazon!
Sources of Power - Now available on Amazon!
Sources of Truth - Now available on Amazon!

Stay tuned for the second half of the series

Last edited by LostSoul; 04-10-2017 at 02:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Choir Choir is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 10
Default

Thanks for the tool ! Very simple, far easier to use and way less bugged than GD Stash.
A way to categorize stashes would be perfect .
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-13-2017, 01:06 PM
mamba's Avatar
mamba mamba is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir View Post
Thanks for the tool ! Very simple, far easier to use and way less bugged than GD Stash.
what bugs are you referring to ?

As this tool is just a UI for copy & paste, it definitely is very simplistic and barely has to do anything. Personally I rather use copy & paste directly, but to each his own.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Choir Choir is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
what bugs are you referring to ?

As this tool is just a UI for copy & paste, it definitely is very simplistic and barely has to do anything. Personally I rather use copy & paste directly, but to each his own.
Well, I played Titan Quest for a while, and TQVault was a must-have. I really liked the GUI : you just have to drag'n'drop items between characters inventories and TQVault files. Very easy (and intuitive) to use.





GD Stash changer is nice because that's easy to use too : you just have to close stash, double-click on the stash you need, and you have direct in-game access to your items. And, again, drag'n'drop items you need.





About bugs ... well, it may be a little off-topic, but ... GD Stash won't launch 99% of the time (I tried to launch it, without success, a few minutes before writing this message - nothing happens, but in some cases, just a message "a Java exception has occured" or "main class of GDStash.jar not found" appears at random), is hard to use (it's not intuitive, I miss the easiness of TQVault), not adapted to my screen (some informations are hidden on my 1366*768px screen) ...

Well, it has some interesting features, like items generation, but I'm only looking for inventory management tools. And GD Stash changer is very convenient for me. Even if copying/pasting was already possible, it made it faster and easier.

Last edited by Choir; 04-13-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-13-2017, 02:14 PM
mamba's Avatar
mamba mamba is online now
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir View Post
About bugs ... well, it may be a little off-topic, but ... GD Stash won't launch 99% of the time (I tried to launch it, without success, a few minutes before writing this message - nothing happens, but in some cases, just a message "a Java exception has occured" or "main class of GDStash.jar not found" appears at random)
that is on your end, it launches each time for me. Not even sure how it can not find the main class, it is specified per the Java convention, this definitely is an issue on your end... try the executable to see if that fixes it

As to intuitive, yes, it is not drag and drop. You select an item and press a button to store it in the DB (as there is nowhere to drag to), or you select it from the search result and click on an empty spot in your stash.
I do not consider either harder or less intuitive than dragging & dropping though, just different

Quote:
not adapted to my screen (some informations are hidden on my 1366*768px screen) ...
yes, the screens are a bit large for that, change the font and image size to see if that helps. At e.g. 10 pixel font and 75% image scale the transfer window does mostly fit, but the screens are not really meant for that size, they contain more information than would fit into that.
I aim to keep everything in 1920x1080, ideally 1680x1050

Quote:
Even if copying/pasting was already possible, it made it faster and easier.
my rule for using a tool is, can it do something I cannot otherwise do or does it make something a lot easier / faster than it otherwise would be.

To me any stash changer is a strong no on either. It is not actually any faster for me, nor does it do anything I cannot already do without it just as easily.

If it works for you, use it, nothing wrong with that obviously. I was more interested in what 'way less bugged' referred to.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2017 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.