Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > Utilities and Resources

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 11:04 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
How-to: Xbox360 Controller & similar

Ok, I recently typed up a quick guide lost deep in some Steam thread to help some people that were having issues getting a grip on figuring out the controls for using a Xbox360 controller. At our local werebeast moderator's insistence, @jiaco, I have typed up a similar guide for you guys on the official GD forums.

The 1st thing to remember is that GD is not a game that was ever designed for controller. Regardless, your hero, @Rhis, said eff that, we're getting some controller support up in here and if the game don't like it and if the KB&M ultra-l33t crowd don't like it... pftt (jus playing he didn't really say that. to me anyway).

He did make some slight nifty additions to the game only present when your controller is functioning. For one thing we get auto-targeting, a necessity for this. You also get a separate skill-bar that activates once you move your guy around with the controller.

[/LIST]
I setup my PS3 controller with a same type of config. It works in game, but I did not modify the keybindings in game... Will it work the same way if I do?
Old 03-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Praetorian

Alright Jak. Think we're good to go. /Crosses fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartsAJ View Post
I setup my PS3 controller with a same type of config. It works in game, but I did not modify the keybindings in game... Will it work the same way if I do?
I suppose if it works yer alright. If ya modify 'em just try and see how it goes.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:14 PM
Herald

Quote:
Alright Jak. Think we're good to go. /Crosses fingers

I suppose if it works yer alright. If ya modify 'em just try and see how it goes.
With the left axis control, the character will just move by himself? As if I was playing on a PS3, example D3? (Did not want to give that example, but I have it and is the closest representation.)
Old 03-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartsAJ View Post
With the left axis control, the character will just move by himself? As if I was playing on a PS3, example D3? (Did not want to give that example, but I have it and is the closest representation.)
It should... are you using the xbox360ce program I link to at the bottom of the OP?
Old 03-01-2016, 11:19 PM
Herald

Quote:
It should... are you using the xbox360ce program I link to at the bottom of the OP?
I will see if it works with a PS3 controller. Using Better DS3 to map the buttons to the controller.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Initiate

Very good guide, helped me a'lot ! Comfortable Gameplay it works good like it is.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:19 PM
Emissary

Thanks for this powbam. It was very helpful
Old 03-10-2016, 12:50 AM
Supporter

Cool

I have been using the PS4 pad with DS4 which tricks your PC into thinking it's an Xbox pad. Works amazingly well, and the touch pad can be used as a mouse pointer which is handy when in UI Mode.

Best of all, centre click on the touch pad acts as a middle mouse click, this has allowed me to switch D-Pad Left and Right to extra skills making, so I now have 1 through 8 as quick button access. I use 9 and 0 as my toggle buffs.

I don't have a switch weapons button now though, but that's ok as a predominantly play as a 2H for now, ad I moved the portal to the touch pad click. However, you can always just access the portal from the UI controls (slower to do) and keep the touch pad click for switching weapons.

If you can get your hands on this pad do it, and download DS4, it works amazingly well.

For Melee this game is a blast using a pad, not sure how a caster would behave though

Last edited by Mortelus; 03-10-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:48 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortelus View Post
For Melee this game is a blast using a pad, not sure how a caster would behave though
Casters and skills like Blitz/SS actually don't work too bad. You do sacrifice being able to target back row enemies but this just makes you have to maneuver smartly to compensate for this shortcoming. But it still works well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2016, 06:40 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Casters and skills like Blitz/SS actually don't work too bad. You do sacrifice being able to target back row enemies but this just makes you have to maneuver smartly to compensate for this shortcoming. But it still works well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Yeah I use Blitz on my Soldier, sometimes it targets crates by accident, but I know you can toggle that on or off in the settings.

I agree with you that it works well. No problems for me so far.
Closed Thread