Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > Utilities and Resources

Old 10-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by werwolf View Post
Hi, just passed registration to post my suggestion here.
First of all - this checklists very helpful for me, thank you very much for such tool!
If you could somehow add feature to fetch quest progression from character save file, then each user can personally see, what exaclty quests he/she missed in game and where to find them. Same for one-shot chests.
If this was already suggested - pardon me, I definetly missed that post then.

P.S. Also, I think it will be nice to add links to Dammitt's GrimTools, separatly for item DB and calculator.
The suggestion, while great, is far beyond my own capabilities as a frontend developer.

Simply put, I'd need to make a web app that can read the Grim Dawn save file (not a walk in the park itself), pull out all the relevant information, and then store that into a database that users can see.

To put it in perspective, just creating a database that automatically stores and retrieves information is beyond my own skillset, at the moment (which is one of the reasons the website hasn't been improved much lately).

Don't get me wrong, the idea is fantastic and it'd make all our lives easier, it's just far beyond my technical abilities.

As for the GrimTools links I'll get around to that, the websites are great.

On a general note, I'll work on updating the site for the latest DLC next week once I'm able to purchase and play it. Could take a few weeks to be fully updated, depending on how big it is. The new faction quests will take a while since I'll have to farm the rep up first, but any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:27 AM
Speaker

Hey man, this is dead or still have hope to get an updated version? just wondering because it's an awesome resource to have for those starting out that don't know everything by memory.

Hope you get around and update it! cheers and thanks for your work!
Old 12-01-2017, 02:46 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by krathoz View Post
Hey man, this is dead or still have hope to get an updated version? just wondering because it's an awesome resource to have for those starting out that don't know everything by memory.

Hope you get around and update it! cheers and thanks for your work!
If you explore thoroughly, you shouldn't miss anything. There's a few hidden gems in this game that you probably won't find on your first few runs through the game, but the vast majority of this game's content is easily found by just playing and exploring.