Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzak View Post
We need more aether damage.
>Literally every Legendary ever converts some shit to Aether.

WE NEED MOAR. /s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherial View Post
It is more than AIR! It is more, much, than fights with Efirialami. That monster whom they showed, drawn, most likely, to treat efiriala, hardly already, a cult and with a cult of a hton as I understood, is already finished. Will be, some other cult, more krovozhdany and more gloomy, more terribly, and Air \is the best of all than Efirialy. Especially as, fight from efiriala, isn't finished up to the end yet! Let's be hopes and to wait, the end of this year. Especially as, until the end of the year, as I understood, shall leave, directly two expansion, the first through half of year, hardly the first quarter, it is better that they completed, something was added, something was corrected, but not issued again, the crude version of a game, and the second, expansion, will come out, in the second quarter, that is, November - December. Let's be very strongly hopes and to wait that they will be, very strongly interesting, beautiful, in particular beautiful and fascinating, and very much, very long. Good luck and progress to you, in the future, our dear developers that there was more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherial View Post
Efirialami

Spoiler!

We're getting somewhere...

...I don't really know where, though.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Counsel

^Because conversion is the only way that we should get access to more aether damage other than arcanist.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
^Because conversion is the only way that we should get access to more aether damage other than arcanist.
I'm not saying that, and I wouldn't complain if we got a mastery with more Aether support. But Chaos is definitely hurting a lot more than Aether is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Quote:
Hopefully something with a Chaos/Cold/Vitality skill that scales off % Cast Speed so all the innumerable volumes of gear with those two stats finally has a purpose.
I thought we have plenty of chaos skills for casters through conversion.

Cold and Vitality i agree though.
True but the conversion therein is usually found on an item slot overlapping sources of Chaos and Cast Speed. For instance, suppose Blood Orb of Chthon were the only such form of chaos conversion; then any other focus with Chaos and Cast Speed would be worthless.

This is one of the great failures of the present conversion system. It's really no substitute for base skills.
Chaos conversion, in gear and in skills (and Devotion), really kinda blows and is hard to effectively build around.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:01 AM
Speaker

woweeeeeeee.. Man this game is great!
Old 01-11-2017, 02:19 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackS View Post
he said poorly implemented, not that there's a lack of it
exactly, I'm glad there's still people who can understand this.
I clearly stated "poorly integrated" and "low level".
In the highest difficulty (ultimate), it's very important that we have some kind of
"-res to damage type" skills to debuff enemies and there's only one skill that can do it for chaos damage : the thermite mine. And thermite mine requires enemie to stay on its spot which is kinda small and enemies move all the time(you can counter this only by curse of frailty if you play pyromancer but i haven't seen anyone posted any effective chaos pyromancer builds thus far).
And effective chaos damaging skills requires you to be somewhat high levels for it like Aether Ray and Motolov (I find Nether Edge dealing too low chaos damage for chaos build) I find it tiresome and lacking the feel that you can "grow up" with chaos build.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:22 AM
Counsel

Quote:
I'm not saying that, and I wouldn't complain if we got a mastery with more Aether support. But Chaos is definitely hurting a lot more than Aether is.

Chaos conversion, in gear and in skills (and Devotion), really kinda blows and is hard to effectively build around.
Thank you sir Ceno, you just saved my day.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Counsel

Quote:
So what? The game doesn't needs more chaos damage... it's literally everywhere, and it doesn't takes too long to unlock your first chaos attack. We need more aether damage.
There's two more masteries, and more constellations.

I think Crates can integrated all the aether,chaos,cold skills to those if they feel like it.
No need trying to oversimplify that "only Aether needs supplement".
Old 01-11-2017, 07:59 AM
Counsel

It was a good year~
Increased level cap, devotion cap and new constellations? That's what I like to see. But I do also hope that there won't be any skill point cut trojan horse'd into the works, like past level 85 we'll be getting only 1 skill point per level
Also wonder what the new features will be, but I guess there is still some room for new stuff, like a NPC that "sells" timed buffs similar to Crucible's celestial power's for example.
Servitor (how the file is called) look,s not bad, though I can't look over how it most likely will recycle dermapteran animation set.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:13 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojotek View Post
But I do also hope that there won't be any skill point cut trojan horse'd into the works, like past level 85 we'll be getting only 1 skill point per level
In the latest stream the devs confirmed that you would gain 0.5 skill point per level, meaning you can only invest them every other level
Old 01-11-2017, 08:35 PM
Speaker

I'm guessing there won't be any more new content till the expansion. The Vallbury was the last new content, right?

Tags
grim misadventure