Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcraft View Post
I'm guessing there won't be any more new content till the expansion. The Vallbury was the last new content, right?
Most likely no more new content until the expansion. Vallbury was the last new content.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:13 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
*quote from Aethereal*
Spoiler!

We're getting somewhere...

...I don't really know where, though.
You did a good job there)
The guy is from russia. They seem to have a native forum about books, tales, movies, music and stuff. And someone got a weird idea it may be great to machine-translate it to english for foreighners to read.

I have a great time reading those posts though. Always puts a smile on my face.
Druid 85 - GlassCannon Caster (Trozan+Invokers Cold/Lightning)
Conjurer 85 - 2h Melee (Wildblood Vitality/Phys/Bleed)
Pyromancer 75 - DW Ranged (Ulzuins Fire/Chaos)
Old 01-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko View Post
You did a good job there)
The guy is from russia. They seem to have a native forum about books, tales, movies, music and stuff. And someone got a weird idea it may be great to machine-translate it to english for foreighners to read.

I have a great time reading those posts though. Always puts a smile on my face.
Someone should finally ban this guy.

Freedom of speech is great and stuff, but reading few illegible trash posts from him every day gives me cancer. I mean, why do he even bother if he doesn't understand a thing and cannot reply in such a way that is understandable for everybody - not just him alone - and forces his persona upon other users. It's spam basically.

I know his trying, but why won't he just go to his folks over to russian community. It's probably as big as the international community of Grim Dawn with every other country combined.

Gosh, I got triggered every time.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
In game dev time, that would put it somewhere around November 2017, or as late as April 2018.
Works for me, I just started playing again after an 8 month layover...I've got a lot of catching up to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaeiO View Post
Nah, they have always been very careful when talking about dates, and they usually release stuff in time if not early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
always is an exaggeration, the game was supposed to be finished August 2013 according to the KS (May 2012), clearly that did not happen...

They have gotten better at this though, and in part the delay is due to the game getting bigger than initially planned, which I certainly cannot complain about
Most of the dates that they have shot for have been missed, some by several years.

No complaints here though ofc, I was happily playing the game long before it went "live". And, I do agree that it was well worth the wait for the majority of players who didn't start playing until the overwhelmingly positive reviews came out and they could get it on Steam.

Also, I will say that I'm quite impressed to see the continued work on the game since I took my hiatus...keep up the great work guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaska View Post
This. If you want to start from scratch, you can always start a new toon. No need for recaps.
No way, the best way to experience it is to completely delete the game and start the grind all over again! That takes discipline, but it's so rewarding.

Last edited by bryanw1995; 01-16-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
Someone should finally ban this guy.

Freedom of speech is great and stuff, but reading few illegible trash posts from him every day gives me cancer. I mean, why do he even bother if he doesn't understand a thing and cannot reply in such a way that is understandable for everybody - not just him alone - and forces his persona upon other users. It's spam basically.

I know his trying, but why won't he just go to his folks over to russian community. It's probably as big as the international community of Grim Dawn with every other country combined.

Gosh, I got triggered every time.
Naw, it only helps the game to have people from all over the world want to be involved in it. It bugs me trying to read through weird posts like that, so I skip them unless I'm really bored. No harm to the rest of us I think.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanw1995 View Post
Naw, it only helps the game to have people from all over the world want to be involved in it. It bugs me trying to read through weird posts like that, so I skip them unless I'm really bored. No harm to the rest of us I think.
If he is banned then this forum would have the number of memes that get posted in it reduced by half.

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
when Grava plays
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
has powbam showed up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
for the sake of history
Old 01-16-2017, 11:04 PM
Speaker

I came for the load-blowing references. Zentai didn't disappoint.

No really, I came.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:42 AM
Speaker

Please let there be randomized layouts, please let there be randomized layouts, please let there be randomized layouts...
Old 01-20-2017, 02:29 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnkerZan View Post
Please let there be randomized layouts, please let there be randomized layouts, please let there be randomized layouts...
not gonna happen since it isn't possible with the current engine.

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix
Old 01-20-2017, 12:23 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnkerZan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibly View Post
not gonna happen since it isn't possible with the current engine.
As much as I would love randomy generated dungeons, I know the actual engine can't do it but maybe it could be possible to upgrade it in a future expansion.However I don't have high hopes on this.
What could be more feasible is to add random affixes on monsters that give them powers, aura and special skills : Frozen, Illusionis, Teleporter,Waller, vortex,Electrified, plagued, molten...

For example in Diablo 3 the Arcane enchanted give a more strategic gameplay by giving the player a way to avoid the damage if they are careful.
Monsters imbued with the Arcane Enchanted trait can summon glowing orbs of arcane energy that fully form after a few seconds. Once activated, these transform into rotating beams called Arcane Sentries

Tags
grim misadventure